5 Star Review for Improbable Tales

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 7, 2014

      Hey, you there, time-starved ICONS GM...

      Now that the new edition of ICONS is out - are you itching for an adventure to run?

      Well - Improbable Tales Compilation Vol 1 just got a featured review on RPGNOW - and it's 5 stars.

      Also - it's on sale right now for 25% off..for a limited time...

    • Michael Mendoza
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 7, 2014
        I kicked off my ICONS campaign with "Day of the Swarm", and it was a big hit with the players.

        --
        Michael Mendoza
        mmdozer@...
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 8, 2014
          Sweet! I love to hear that GMs are getting use from it.
        • Icosahedrophilia
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 8, 2014
            I am currently on family vacation and my older son is trying to recruit his cousins to play ICONS … if the game makes, I'll run Day of the Swarm first, and then Primal Power if they want more.

            Chris Heard
            Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
            http://drchris.me/d20
            ><> ב״ה

          • Matthew Pulido
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 10, 2014
              Emotion Control seems vastly different between Great Power and Assembled Edition. Particularly it seems it was a Continuous Duration and is now a Concentration Duration. Am I reading this correctly? If so, is there an Extra that bestows a Continuous Duration on a power? Or can I just use the Great Power version as is with the new edition?
            • talison
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 17, 2014
                Still wondering about this.
              • Eric Troup
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 17, 2014
                  What, specifically, are you wondering about emotion control?

                  Sent from my iPad

                  On Jul 17, 2014, at 7:27 AM, "talisonpulido@... [icons-rpg]" <icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  Still wondering about this.

                • Steve Kenson
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 18, 2014
                    Emotion Control saw some revision between Great Power and the Assembled Edition because playtest feedback said the Great Power version was:

                    1) Too all-or-nothing; either the test succeeded and imposed the emotional effect for a virtually unlimited amount of time, or it failed and required determined effort to try again.

                    2) A largely "instant win" effect in that if you successfully inflicted an emotion like fear, pleasure, or sadness, the target was effectively incapacitated, making Emotion Control tremendously effective.

                    Those seemed important enough to warrant some changes to the power.

                    The Assembled Edition version is similar, but it requires concentration to maintain and success level determines how often a new test is required. An extra to allow it to be maintained without concentration is pretty reasonable, since success level and the quality guidelines do a lot to keep the power from getting out of hand now.

                    _____
                    Steve Kenson
                    stevekenson@...
                    www.stevekenson.com

                  • David Rego

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 19, 2014
                          On Jul 19, 2014, at 4:02 AM, "Matthew Pulido" talison wrote:
                          Just out of curiosity, will this change be reflected when Great Power gets updated?

                          That's the plan. Any minor tweaks and corrections to Great Power will be part of a PDF update, so everyone who already owns the PDF will get it for free.

                          (Sorry, I don't know when that'll be exactly, but it's on the to-do list after a couple of other things.)
                          _____
                          Steve Kenson
                          stevekenson@...
                          www.stevekenson.com

                        • wee_ree_cat
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 27, 2014
                            Hello,

                            I knew I'd seen a discussion about a PDF update for Great Power somewhere !

                            Steve, do you have any idea when the update would roll out ? I'm itching to belatedly print the book but since I'm at it, i'd rather print the 1.4 version :D

                            -Amaury, who's slated to run ICONS for the old gang again very soon and just can't wait
                          • Steve Kenson
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 28, 2014
                              On Jul 28, 2014, at 3:54 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                              > Steve, do you have any idea when the update would roll out ?

                              I don't apart from the fact that I can reliably say it won't get worked on in August, and that Metaskulk Invasion is up next, so not until the last quarter of 2014, at the earliest.
                              _____
                              Steve Kenson
                              stevekenson@...
                              www.stevekenson.com
                            • wee_ree_cat
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 28, 2014
                                Ok, thanks, good to know !

                                Could you enlightenen us on what sort of updates we're talking about specifically ? Emotion Control is getting  tweaked, but apart from that ?

                                thanks for your work ; assembled edition seems pretty ace.

                                -Amaury

                              • Steve Kenson
                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 29, 2014
                                  On Jul 29, 2014, at 4:08 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                                  > Could you enlightenen us on what sort of updates we're talking about specifically ?

                                  Primarily making sure any power tweaks in Assembled Edition are properly reflected in Great Power, that Great Power is using proper game grammar and syntax from Assembled Edition, and updating the various references to the core rules in Great Power to the Assembled Edition, rather than the previous Icons rulebook. That's as specific as I can get at the moment.
                                  _____
                                  Steve Kenson
                                  stevekenson@...
                                  www.stevekenson.com