No Icons at GenCon?

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 5, 2014
      Hey gang, I am going to GenCon for the first time this year and was bummed to see there are no Icons games on the schedule. I realize it's volunteer-driven, of course … but I was hoping to play (and not have to GM). Anybody else going?

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
      http://drchris.me/d20
      ><> ב״ה

    • Mike Olson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2014
        Offer to run it at Games on Demand! It's well-suited for it.

        --Mike

        On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Icosahedrophilia d20@... [icons-rpg] <icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hey gang, I am going to GenCon for the first time this year and was bummed to see there are no Icons games on the schedule. I realize it's volunteer-driven, of course … but I was hoping to play (and not have to GM). Anybody else going?

        Chris Heard
        Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
        http://drchris.me/d20
        ><> ב״ה

      • John Post
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2014
          Good news: I have it on good authority that there will be at least two Icons games officially run at GenCon this year. I don't like to pre-register my games because every time that I've done that they've conflicted with one of the five games that I've wanted to play. So, there will be Icons at GenCon.
          Bad News: I'm very busy, so I don't think I'll have time to come up with something new and unique for GenCon. I'll likely be running one of my previously written adventures, which if you're an Icons die hard, you may have already read or played.

          John Post

          Sent from my iPad

          On Jun 6, 2014, at 1:21 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          Thu Jun 5, 2014 10:58 am (PDT) . Posted by:

          "Icosahedrophilia" rcheard

          Hey gang, I am going to GenCon for the first time this year and was bummed to see there are no Icons games on the schedule. I realize it's volunteer-driven, of course … but I was hoping to play (and not have to GM). Anybody else going?

          Chris Heard
          Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
          http://drchris.me/d20
          ><> ב״ה
        • Icosahedrophilia
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 6, 2014
            Awesome! Do you have any scheduling info yet?

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2014

              If you want any prize support/swag/books or whatever from Fainting Goat for your GenCon games - let me know. I'll get you whatever you would like.
            • alienmastermind
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 9, 2014
                Also -- does me being at the Green Ronin Booth (maybe running some demos of ICONS?) help?

                I definitely will be there this year. :D

                Dan