scaling Icons up and down

  • rick jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2014
      So I'm a big fan of the cosmic characters on all sides of the comics spectrum (Novas, Green Lanterns, Guardians of the Galaxy, Lensmen, Eternals, etc), and am thinking about a space-based game, and I wanted to come up with some house rules to scale upwards.

      Here's what I've got so far....

      * change the scale on the benchmarks chart up a few, and drop the normal human max to 3 or 4.
      * characters who don't have the standard 4 points of Life Support to survive in space or some natural method of moving in space can trade one of their powers for a space-suit/rocket-pack/Legion Flight Ring gizmo.
      * Science gets simplified so it covers all forms of science. Folks like Mr Spock, Hans Zarkov or Brainiac 5 are all-purpose scientists. No need to split things up.
      * There's a new Specialty called "Cosmic" - it's sort of like the Occult skill, but covers things like knowing who Galactus is and how to tell a Skrull from a Durlan.

      Thoughts....

      --Rick

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2014
        Sounds good. I tend to do the simplified Science Speciality in regular supers anyway. For a space game though I might consider though giving the spacesuit + flight (in space) as a freebee.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com