Three Questions

  • Dan Dillon
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2014
      I recently bought a copy of "Icons" and had the following three questions:

      1.  "Great Power" Print Versions.  "Great Power" is available on DriveThruRPG in print as a 'standard' softcover for $20 and as a 'premium' softcover for $30.  The site's FAQs explain that the difference apparently relates to paper weight. Does anyone have experience with one or the other? And which is most like the paper quality used in the "Icons" core book?

      2. "Team Up" Available In Print? I see that "Team Up" is available as a PDF at DriveThruRPG as well.  But there doesn't seem to be a print version offered there.  Reading older, archived posts from this Yahoo group from last year (around the time that the PDF was released), it sounds like a print version was anticipated, too. But I didn't see a post definitively stating that a print version was now available.

      3. Online Games. Are there any one-shot "Icons" games being played online (semi-) regularly that are open to new players?

      Thanks very much in advance for any replies.

    • frank bird

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2014

          The glossy paper from the original core book isn’t available that I know of from DriveThru. I’m not sure which version I have, to be honest (got it as part of the kickstarter), and the print copy is quite nice. I’m a little annoyed it’s not the same dimensions as the core rulebook, but that’s more mild OCD on my part than an actual issue. The book content is fantastic in whatever form you get it.

          Team Up’s release in general, and now print in specific, has been the source of more drama than is healthy for any company. Assume that it’ll never come out in print, and never pre-order anything from Adamant or Cubicle 7.

          Dunno about #3.

          -Chris

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2014
            Thanks very much, Frank and Chris, for the very helpful and informative replies.

            Dan

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com