Vehicle damage

  • michael_hawlmoon
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2013
      Hello All,

      I'm currently running The Skeletron Key and have a question section one. The fliers aren't given a stamina rating to take damage and there is no material rating for breaking things. I know a dozen ways to "fudge" the situation but I'd like to know if there is an official way to destroy a vehicle that I may have overlooked when reading the main rule book?
    • jhmcmullen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 17, 2013
        Skeletron Key predates vehicle rules. There are some in the vehicles supplements by Fainting Goat or alternative ones in Icons Team Up by Adamant. I happen to have the latter on my phone.Basically, a fighter jet (an equivalent) has structure of 5, so it resists that much damage. A moderate hit might Dave a control surface, a major hit destroys the engine or equivalent, and a massive success renders it unusable.Consider using a success pyramid, too.
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18, 2013
          Duh--Justice Wheels. I couldn't remember the name. My apologies, Mike. The rules are on the ICONS Wiki (at http://icons-truth-justice-and-gaming.wikispaces.com/Vehicle+and+Chase+Rules). Those vehicle rules are more analogous to character rules, and are certainly a better fit if what you want is a character vehicle.

          In Skeletron Key that's not the case, of course. (I just downloaded Skeletron Key from RPGNow I owned it, but I'm not near my copy and I sometimes use RPGNow as a library), and the Fliers are listed as having Structure 5. If I recall the suggested rules in ICONS Team-Up correctly, that means the fliers can be treated as having Invulnerability/Damage Resistance 5.

          I don't recall that the Structure ability gets mentioned in the main rulebook.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2013

            No worries, John

            BTW - you can now pick up a bundle with all 21 Justice Wheels pdfs for just $15. Happy Holidays and drive it like it's stolen :)

            http://www.rpgnow.com/product/124069/Justice-Wheels-Compilation-%5BBUNDLE%5D