I bring you light..

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2013
      Playing around with random generator today and got this guy:

      Lord Luminal

      Gimmick

      Prowess 4
      Coordination 4
      Strength 6
      Intellect 8
      Awareness 6
      Willpower 6

      Stamina 12
      Determination 3

      Specialties
      Weapons (Bludgeons)
      Wrestling
      Art (Sculputure)

      Powers
      Danger Sense 4
      Elemental Control 6 (Light)
      Attacking
      Defending

      Qualities
      Epithet : Master of the Scintillating Scepter
      Motivation : Rule the World

      Challenges:
      Suggestions?

      Leonard Lomax was a sculptor, and struggling artist. Looking for new and
      exotic raw materials he purchased an unusual quartz crystal formation.
      Driven by the beauty of the crystal and trying to unlock its "inner
      light." Leonard carved a hand held scepter, to his surprise it allowed
      him to manipulate light! Unfortunately, he was never very stable to
      begin with and the power had an effect on him. Now he calls himself Lord
      Luminal, Master of the Scintillating Scepter and demands all bow down
      and worship him, and allow him to rule...
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2013
        How about the Challenge "Abhors dirt".  I picture Lord Luminal might have have a bit of a hygiene fetish.

        Also with Wants to Rule the World as a Quality I would not expect to see any DPs on the character sheet.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 16, 2013
          I'm not quite sure how to word this, but "Schemes must have artistic merit" is a first cut: basically, he doesn't want to do anything inelegant or with loose ends--it all has to work together. It's one of the reasons that his attempts frequently fall short, because he never knocks someone out or kills them (that's inelegant); instead, he traps them in a gigantic prism, or places them in a deathtrap where their deaths will provide power to run the Doomlight Mechanism, or puts them in the hospital with third degree sunburns (even in the places where their clothes cover).

          It's like the Riddler always coming up with puzzles: with a choice of places that have the components he needs, he picks the one that makes a pleasingly symmetrical pattern when you look at it on a map.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 2013
            On 10/16/2013 10:50 AM, John McMullen wrote:
            I'm not quite sure how to word this, but "Schemes must have artistic merit" is a first cut: basically, he doesn't want to do anything inelegant or with loose ends--it all has to work together. It's one of the reasons that his attempts frequently fall short, because he never knocks someone out or kills them (that's inelegant); instead, he traps them in a gigantic prism, or places them in a deathtrap where their deaths will provide power to run the Doomlight Mechanism, or puts them in the hospital with third degree sunburns (even in the places where their clothes cover).

            It's like the Riddler always coming up with puzzles: with a choice of places that have the components he needs, he picks the one that makes a pleasingly symmetrical pattern when you look at it on a map.

            Nice! I like that perhaps "My plan is perfect, let me explain it to you.." would be a flaw his enemies could tag.