The War of the Molten People

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2013

      Here's a another unfinished idea from my Icons planning scrap book.

      Picture a war between Gorn: Warlord of the Molten Men and Queen Inferna of the Fire People (from Sins of the Past) against each other or maybe combined against humanity. Guest starring the hero Volcano and villain Rorek The Ice Elf.  Basically an epic war involving lost subterranean empires, volcanoes and giant monsters form the deep.

      I think I can get a lot the basic content if I subvert and mash together elements from the following adventures:

      Day of the Swarm - ants live underground, right?

      Extraordinary Journey  - the premise is a sabotaged diplomatic mission.

      Kaijou Chaos - giant monsters emerge from the deep right?

      The Aotearoa Gambit - who doesn't like a volcanic island floating into space?

      Not sure yet whether to set it in Iceland (which ties in with the Fire People), New Zealand (extending The Aotearoa Gambit to a multi-part adventure) or Hawaii just because. Iceland has the edge on the basis I've actually been there and well be going back soon. Also it bring in Norse mythology (hence Rorek).

      Norse mythology as ties in with the Thule Society which may or may not be a good thing considering I'd be planning to run the a sequence of adventures including Aquazombies that feature Dr Natch and the Thule Society.

      Anyway that's all I have. Please feel free to pitch in your own ideas or steal for you own use.