Start City is out

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
      Shouldn't really be up to me to post this, but Start City is now out on RPGNow for the general public (non-backers).

      http://www.rpgnow.com/product/117319/Stark-City-Campaign-Setting-and-City-Building-Toolset?filters=0_0_44292_0_0

       I'll probably wait for the print version.
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
        thanks Soylent!

        Yep -(now that all the KS backers have their pdf) Stark City has been released on RPGNOW.

        You can check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/starkcityrpg

        Stark City is a setting for the ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game that puts the PCs in the center of the action.

        To quote Steve Kenson, ICONS creator, from the Foreword:

        ICONS wasn't intended to have just one setting, officially sanctioned. It's a game meant to encompass a wide range of superhero settings, and Stark City is just such a setting. It is both a source of inspiration and a home for all of those diverse ICONS adventures to comfortably take place, a framework to tie them together, and a springboard for your imagination. From the streets of the downtown Silver District to the ultra-modern Telsa Industrial Park, from the wealthy Platinum Coast to the seedy dives of Geartown, you'll find endless opportunities for taking the ideas found in this book and transforming them into stories of your own, because Stark City is ultimately about your heroes and their stories, an additional player to add to the ensemble cast of your ICONS game.

        As a very special bonus: Steve Kenson has written an accompanying city/setting building toolkit for ICONS -called ICONIC Settings. Partly inspired by the city building rules in the Dresden Files RPG, the ICONIC Cities rules allow the players to tie setting creation into character generation and devise aspects that are tightly incorporated into their own setting.

        > Shouldn't really be up to me to post this, but Start City is now out on RPGNow for the general public (non-backers).
        > http://www.rpgnow.com/product/117319/Stark-City-Campaign-Setting-and-City-Building-Toolset?filters=0_0_44292_0_0
        > I'll probably wait for the print version.

      • michael_hawlmoon
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2013
          Yes Just picked up the PDF and looking forward to reading it.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2013
            A big "Thank you" to ICONS fans. Stark City is officially the best-selling Fainting Goat release ever.

            Given the number of backers we had for the KS - I was a bit shocked at the positive response when we released it to the public.

            So - thanks to everyone who picked up Stark City over the weekend. We sincerely appreciate your support.

            If anyone has any questions about the book - I'd be glad to field them.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5, 2013
              Just one, hurry up and get the print version ready for non backers! :-)

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: dirkgentry2000@...
              Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 18:39:27 +0000
              Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: Stark City is out

              A big "Thank you" to ICONS fans. Stark City is officially the best-selling Fainting Goat release ever.

              Given the number of backers we had for the KS - I was a bit shocked at the positive response when we released it to the public.

              So - thanks to everyone who picked up Stark City over the weekend. We sincerely appreciate your support.

              If anyone has any questions about the book - I'd be glad to field them.

              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

              > thanks Soylent!
              >
              > Yep -(now that all the KS backers have their pdf) Stark City has been released on RPGNOW.
              >
              > You can check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/starkcityrpg
              >
              > Stark City is a setting for the ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game that puts the PCs in the center of the action.
              >
              > To quote Steve Kenson, ICONS creator, from the Foreword:
              >
              > ICONS wasn't intended to have just one setting, officially sanctioned. It's a game meant to encompass a wide range of superhero settings, and Stark City is just such a setting. It is both a source of inspiration and a home for all of those diverse ICONS adventures to comfortably take place, a framework to tie them together, and a springboard for your imagination. From the streets of the downtown Silver District to the ultra-modern Telsa Industrial Park, from the wealthy Platinum Coast to the seedy dives of Geartown, you'll find endless opportunities for taking the ideas found in this book and transforming them into stories of your own, because Stark City is ultimately about your heroes and their stories, an additional player to add to the ensemble cast of your ICONS game.
              >
              > As a very special bonus: Steve Kenson has written an accompanying city/setting building toolkit for ICONS -called ICONIC Settings. Partly inspired by the city building rules in the Dresden Files RPG, the ICONIC Cities rules allow the players to tie setting creation into character generation and devise aspects that are tightly incorporated into their own setting.
              >

              > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Shouldn't really be up to me to post this, but Start City is now out on RPGNow for the general public (non-backers).
              > > http://www.rpgnow.com/product/117319/Stark-City-Campaign-Setting-and-City-Building-Toolset?filters=0_0_44292_0_0
              > > I'll probably wait for the print version.

            • Chris Tavares
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2013

                He needs to get the print version to backers first. We haven’t gotten it either!

                But no pressure. J

                -Chris

                Just one, hurry up and get the print version ready for non backers! :-)

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                From: dirkgentry2000@...
                Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 18:39:27 +0000

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2013
                  working as fast as I can. Still waiting on RPGNOW for POD file approval

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 5, 2013

                    It’s all good man, we all know these things take time. Your kickstarter projects have been run wonderfully. You’ve kept backers in the loop, even to the point of letting us know there’s nothing new, just so we know you’re still there. That is awesome.

                    -Chris