Re: Servant power

  • Fabricio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2013
      Steve, thank you very much. Your explanation was clear and very helpful. Can I ask a few more questions?

      1) Having 5 slots of power in character creation, and deciding to have Servant extras of Enhanced, Instant, Multiple and Sensory Link, would it be fine according to the rules?

      2) Are the powers of the servants decided freely or must they be rolled? In either case, are there any forbidden powers (the one that came to my mind was Duplication)?

      3) If the servants don't have any mental abilities, they wouldn't speak, would they? So, would they be completely mute? Would they have any measure of intelligence to carry on tasks?

      Thanks again,

      Fabrício Franco
    • stevekenson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 29, 2013
        On Jul 29, 2013, at 8:01 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > 1) Having 5 slots of power in character creation, and deciding to have Servant extras of Enhanced, Instant, Multiple and Sensory Link, would it be fine according to the rules?

        Should be, yes.

        > 2) Are the powers of the servants decided freely or must they be rolled?

        They're chosen by the player with the GM's approval.

        > In either case, are there any forbidden powers (the one that came to my mind was Duplication)?

        Servants cannot have the Servant power. Others are at the discretion of the GM, although Duplication is likely to be off-limits as well.

        > 3) If the servants don't have any mental abilities, they wouldn't speak, would they? So, would they be completely mute? Would they have any measure of intelligence to carry on tasks?

        Servants can carry out tasks like well-trained animals or programmed machines. They might be able to speak and even interact (depending on their nature) but by default they're not capable of original thought or problem solving outside of their assigned tasks. A lot of this is up to player and GM interpretation based on the nature of the servant(s).
        _____
        Steve Kenson
        stevekenson@...
        www.stevekenson.com
      • Fabricio
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2013
          Steve,

          Once again, thank you very much! Your answers help a lot! I'm sorry I was too inquisitive, but - again - thank you for your kindness in replying.

          Fabrício Franco