Stark City backers...please check your email

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
      Stark City backers...please check your email - the final neighborhood AND the soundtrack are now available for backer download.
      We will start selling the neighborhoods on RPGNOW this week. We plan to roll them out one 'hood a week for the next several weeks
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
        Will there be a collected print version for non-backers?

        Also what exactly is in the range. I'm interested but I have to say I always found Stark City a little bit confusing in terms of what the full thing is meant to look like.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: dirkgentry2000@...
        Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:51:58 +0000
        Subject: [icons-rpg] Stark City backers...please check your email

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
          There will be a collected POD version for non-backers.
          When you say range - not sure what you mean exactly?

          In terms of subject matter - Stark City is a city setting for ICONS. The conceit is that the PCs are the premier supers team of the city. There are 5 fleshed out neighborhoods and a city backstory/history. Also - Steve Kenson has contributed setting creation rules for ICONS and those are bundled into Stark City

          The range price-wise that will depend on the printing cost. the collected PDF for non-backers will likely be around $12 or so.

          The range page count wise - I think the collected edition will be between 200 and 250 pages depending on the quirks of layout.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
            Actually, though I'm a backer, I have not been collecting the individual neighbourhoods.

            True or false: at least some backers will be getting a single PDF, probably depending on the level of your support.

            I should probably check mine and see whether I should have been getting the neighbourhood PDFs and (if so) get them! Before the week is out! (Come on, old chum!)

            There will be a collected POD version for non-backers.
            When you say range - not sure what you mean exactly?

            In terms of subject matter - Stark City is a city setting for ICONS. The conceit is that the PCs are the premier supers team of the city. There are 5 fleshed out neighborhoods and a city backstory/history. Also - Steve Kenson has contributed setting creation rules for ICONS and those are bundled into Stark City

            The range price-wise that will depend on the printing cost. the collected PDF for non-backers will likely be around $12 or so.

            The range page count wise - I think the collected edition will be between 200 and 250 pages depending on the quirks of layout.

            > Will there be a collected print version for non-backers?
            > Also what exactly is in the range. I'm interested but I have to say I always found Stark City a little bit confusing in terms of what the full thing is meant to look like.
            >

            > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
            > From: dirkgentry2000@...
            > Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:51:58 +0000
            > Subject: [icons-rpg] Stark City backers...please check your email

            >      Stark City backers...please check your email - the final neighborhood AND
            the soundtrack are now available for backer download.

            > We will start selling the neighborhoods on RPGNOW this week. We plan to roll them out one 'hood a week for the next several weeks

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
                icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
              Thanks. By range I meant how does the product as a whole break into individual pdfs and are the rules and the setting details in different pdfs.

              As it were I'll just wait for the print option. I like print and, as someone who pre-ordered Team-Up, I  am also patient. :-)

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: dirkgentry2000@...
              Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:27:04 +0000

              There will be a collected POD version for non-backers.
              When you say range - not sure what you mean exactly?

              In terms of subject matter - Stark City is a city setting for ICONS. The conceit is that the PCs are the premier supers team of the city. There are 5 fleshed out neighborhoods and a city backstory/history. Also - Steve Kenson has contributed setting creation rules for ICONS and those are bundled into Stark City

              The range price-wise that will depend on the printing cost. the collected PDF for non-backers will likely be around $12 or so.

              The range page count wise - I think the collected edition will be between 200 and 250 pages depending on the quirks of layout.

              > Will there be a collected print version for non-backers?
              > Also what exactly is in the range. I'm interested but I have to say I always found Stark City a little bit confusing in terms of what the full thing is meant to look like.
              >

              > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              > From: dirkgentry2000@...
              > Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:51:58 +0000
              > Subject: [icons-rpg] Stark City backers...please check your email

              > Stark City backers...please check your email - the final neighborhood AND the soundtrack are now available for backer download.
              >
              > We will start selling the neighborhoods on RPGNOW this week. We plan to roll them out one 'hood a week for the next several weeks

            • Curt Meyer
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
                I got a 404 not found for the tesla park link.

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
                  Fixed the 404. The URL added some extra stuff in my browser.

                  Sent from my iPad

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  From: dirkgentry2000@...
                  Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:27:04 +0000

                  There will be a collected POD version for non-backers.
                  When you say range - not sure what you mean exactly?

                  In terms of subject matter - Stark City is a city setting for ICONS. The conceit is that the PCs are the premier supers team of the city. There are 5 fleshed out neighborhoods and a city backstory/history. Also - Steve Kenson has contributed setting creation rules for ICONS and those are bundled into Stark City

                  The range price-wise that will depend on the printing cost. the collected PDF for non-backers will likely be around $12 or so.

                  The range page count wise - I think the collected edition will be between 200 and 250 pages depending on the quirks of layout.

                  > Will there be a collected print version for non-backers?
                  > Also what exactly is in the range. I'm interested but I have to say I always found Stark City a little bit confusing in terms of what the full thing is meant to look like.
                  >

                  > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  > From: dirkgentry2000@...
                  > Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:51:58 +0000
                  > Subject: [icons-rpg] Stark City backers...please check your email

                  > Stark City backers...please check your email - the final neighborhood AND the soundtrack are now available for backer download.
                  >
                  > We will start selling the neighborhoods on RPGNOW this week. We plan to roll them out one 'hood a week for the next several weeks

                • Craig McRoberts
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
                    I'm in the same position. I was under the impression that there would be a single compilation at the end that I would be getting. Really hoping this is right.

                    Craig

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On Jul 10, 2013, at 13:31, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:

                    Actually, though I'm a backer, I have not been collecting the individual neighbourhoods.

                    True or false: at least some backers will be getting a single PDF, probably depending on the level of your support.

                    I should probably check mine and see whether I should have been getting the neighbourhood PDFs and (if so) get them! Before the week is out! (Come on, old chum!)

                  • Curt

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
                        Curt
                        I thought I'd fixed the link. It worked when I tried it from my office.
                        What link worked for you?

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
                          Hey guys

                          Judging by my inbox - it looks like a lot of people were under this impression.

                          So - since the customer is always right - I'm talking to the layout guy now to make this a reality.

                          Adrian (our layout guru) tells me it'll be an approximately 200 page pdf with (hopefully) bookmarks that will jump to the beginning of each major section.

                          I'll update the KS page (as I suspect several more backers would be curious) when I have some firmer details on this.

                          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Craig McRoberts <imprimis5@...> wrote:

                          > I'm in the same position. I was under the impression that there would be a single compilation at the end that I would be getting. Really hoping this is right.
                          >
                          > Craig
                          >
                          > Sent from my iPhone
                          >
                          > On Jul 10, 2013, at 13:31, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Actually, though I'm a backer, I have not been collecting the individual neighbourhoods.
                          > >
                          > > True or false: at least some backers will be getting a single PDF, probably depending on the level of your support.
                          > >
                          > > I should probably check mine and see whether I should have been getting the neighbourhood PDFs and (if so) get them! Before the week is out! (Come on, old chum!)
                          > >
                          > > John McMullen (Searching for a .sig)
                          > > jhmcmullen@...

                        • Craig McRoberts

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
                              Yes, the customer is not always right, but thank you for giving us this.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 10, 2013
                                LOL! I actually worked on Stark City, and I was under the same impression we would be releasing a compilation PDF to the backers as well. Glad to hear we will be - thanks, Mike!

                                Backers - you are still entitled to the individual PDFs as well as your printed copy (if you pledged for one). There are six of them - the first is an Intro to Stark City, the other five are dedicated to each Stark City neighborhood (Silver District, Geartown, Tesla Industry Park, Platinum Coast, and the Catacombs). These all have artwork and Great Power stats. If you were a backer, log into Kickstarter and go to the Stark City project page and click on Updates. As a backer, you will be able to see the For Backers Only posts, and there are links to the files in those for you to download.

                                All of us who worked on the project would love to hear your feedback too.

                                Thanks again for helping us make this project come to life! And do me a favor - anytime you see one of those Kickstarter Failure Rip Off threads, be sure to let everyone know about stand up guys like Mike Lafferty who are doing Kickstarters RIGHT.

                                Best,
                                jaerdaph

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 25, 2013
                                  thread necromancy to announce that the compiled Stark City pdf is now available for backer download!
                                  Please check your email (or visit the Kickstarter page) for the link

                                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@...> wrote:

                                  > LOL! I actually worked on Stark City, and I was under the same impression we would be releasing a compilation PDF to the backers as well. Glad to hear we will be - thanks, Mike!
                                  >
                                  > Backers - you are still entitled to the individual PDFs as well as your printed copy (if you pledged for one). There are six of them - the first is an Intro to Stark City, the other five are dedicated to each Stark City neighborhood (Silver District, Geartown, Tesla Industry Park, Platinum Coast, and the Catacombs). These all have artwork and Great Power stats. If you were a backer, log into Kickstarter and go to the Stark City project page and click on Updates. As a backer, you will be able to see the For Backers Only posts, and there are links to the files in those for you to download.
                                  >
                                  > All of us who worked on the project would love to hear your feedback too.
                                  >
                                  > Thanks again for helping us make this project come to life! And do me a favor - anytime you see one of those Kickstarter Failure Rip Off threads, be sure to let everyone know about stand up guys like Mike Lafferty who are doing Kickstarters RIGHT.
                                  >
                                  > Best,
                                  > jaerdaph
                                  >
                                  > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hey guys
                                  > >
                                  > > Judging by my inbox - it looks like a lot of people were under this impression.
                                  > >
                                  > > So - since the customer is always right - I'm talking to the layout guy now to make this a reality.
                                  > >
                                  > > Adrian (our layout guru) tells me it'll be an approximately 200 page pdf with (hopefully) bookmarks that will jump to the beginning of each major section.
                                  > >
                                  > > I'll update the KS page (as I suspect several more backers would be curious) when I have some firmer details on this.
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Craig McRoberts <imprimis5@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > I'm in the same position. I was under the impression that there would be a single compilation at the end that I would be getting. Really hoping this is right.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Craig
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Sent from my iPhone

                                • Curt Meyer
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 25, 2013