Re: [icons-rpg] Just saw announcement: Team up to be released this month

  • Gareth-Michael Skarka
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013
      Yes, ION GUARD 2e will contain the Alien Empires material, as well as a bunch of brand-new stuff (including guidelines for running cosmic superhero adventures in general, as well as tips for introducing cosmic supers to existing ICONS campaigns).

      -Gareth

      On Jul 8, 2013, at 12:48 PM, Soylent Green wrote:

      Oh,  will the 2e ION Guard contain the announced but never released ION Guard Alien Empires?  That is one book I would really want to get my hands on.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: gms@...
      Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:02:34 -0500
      Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Just saw announcement: Team up to be released this month

      On Jul 8, 2013, at 11:55 AM, shadow_walker_818 wrote:

      > I just received a notice on Facebook announcing that Team-Up will be released this month. Copies will be going out to backers and then print and digital copies will be available to the public.
      > The announcement also states that this will be Adamant's first licensed product for Icons so they will retain ownership.

      You beat me to it! I was just composing an email for the list.

      Steve and I came to an agreement where ICONS TEAM-UP can be released by Adamant as a licensed product, which will allow us to make it generally available (after delivery to the pre-order customers, of course).

      In addition -- I wanted the pre-order customers to also know this: Adamant is also going to be doing a second edition of ION GUARD, the cosmic-supers setting and sourcebook (originally published by Radioactive Ape Designs), which will include material originally intended for follow-up releases to that first edition. As a way of thanking you for your superhuman levels of patience, I'm going to give every pre-order customer of ICONS TEAM-UP a free digital copy of the new ION GUARD book when it's released. Thank you so much.

      If anybody has any questions, fire away.

      -Gareth

    • Curt

        From: gms@...
        Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:02:34 -0500

          From: gms@...
          Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:02:34 -0500

          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013
            Awesome! I have the orginal ION Guard  but to be honest space supers more like mix bag of misfits like the Guardians of the Galaxy than the Green Lantern Corp. But either way what as a GM I can really use is loads of alien races and cosmic supervillains.

            The artwork of ION Guard was very inspiring.

            To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

            From: gms@...
            Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:02:34 -0500

            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013
              We've got Jesse Jennings (the original ION GUARD artist) doing a bunch of new stuff for the book (in fact, the book itself is ready to go -- I'm just waiting on the last bits of his art).

              -G

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

              From: gms@...
              Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:02:34 -0500

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013
                Yay! I think I have a clue now what my next campaign will be,  just need to rewatch the intro of the animated Legion of Super Heroes cartoon to get in the mood.

                Oh, I'm also excited about Team Up but I don't want to jinx it.

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                From: gms@...
                Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 12:02:34 -0500

                On Jul 8, 2013, at 11:55 AM, shadow_walker_818 wrote:

                > I just received a notice on Facebook announcing that Team-Up will be released this month. Copies will be going out to backers and then print and digital copies will be available to the public.
                > The announcement also states that this will be Adamant's first licensed product for Icons so they will retain ownership.

                You beat me to it! I was just composing an email for the list.

                Steve and I came to an agreement where ICONS TEAM-UP can be released by Adamant as a licensed product, which will allow us to make it generally available (after delivery to the pre-order customers, of course).

                In addition -- I wanted the pre-order customers to also know this: Adamant is also going to be doing a second edition of ION GUARD, the cosmic-supers setting and sourcebook (originally published by Radioactive Ape Designs), which will include material originally intended for follow-up releases to that first edition. As a way of thanking you for your superhuman levels of patience, I'm going to give every pre-order customer of ICONS TEAM-UP a free digital copy of the new ION GUARD book when it's released. Thank you so much.

                If anybody has any questions, fire away.

                -Gareth

              • Chris Tavares
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013

                  That’s great to hear – I loved his work in the original. Close enough to the original Icons art to fit, but with a style all its own and really, really inspiring.

                  Stupid question – the original Ion Guard had a BASH edition as well. Will the new version be Icons only?

                  -Chris

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013

                    On Jul 8, 2013, at 1:16 PM, Chris Tavares wrote:

                    Stupid question – the original Ion Guard had a BASH edition as well. Will the new version be Icons only?

                    Yes, ICONS-only.

                    -G
                  • Gerry
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013
                      Ok, lack of sleep talking. Nevermind

                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 8, 2013
                        Now, I doubly wish I'd pre-ordered it. Mainly because I never picked up
                        Colin Chapman's wonderful Ion Guard, and because that means I wouldn't
                        be scrambling to pay for it now *LOL*

                        I am just glad to hear it is really coming, I've generally tried to be
                        positive about it, because I know how game writing/publishing can be myself.
                      • Tommy Brownell

                            Message 13 of 21 , Jul 10, 2013
                              Awesome - this just made my day!

                              jaerdaph