Re: [icons-rpg] Triad/Triplicate Girl

  • Fabrício César Franco
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2013
      Thank you, Cameron. I thought at doing it this way at first, but when I read about Max Only Limit, I got confused. Thanks for clarifying it to me.

      Another question: would it cost 4 points total, having two extras added to the power? Instead of counting a power with level 2, would be three powers with the same level?

      Fabrício Franco
    • Cameron Mount

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 29, 2013
          Where would I find Steve's answer to that? In Great Power it isn't stated clearly, I'm afraid.

        • soulslayer
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 29, 2013
            I'm pretty sure Cameron's right.

            If you read the section on Extras, it mentions nothing about an Extra in and of itself costing points, but it does affect starting Determination.

            If nothing else, notice in the section on Limits that it mentions that one of the uses of a Limit is to "add an extra to the power without increasing its starting Determination value".

            Now, if an Extra is for something like another power that has ranks, then you pay the points for those ranks *and* count it against your starting Determination.

            So something like

            Blast 6
            -Extra: Burst

            Would cost 6 points and 2 powers for the purposes of calculating starting Determination.

            Of course, you could take a Limit on to make it count as one power, and then throw on another Limit to raise the power level 2 points to 8 (but still only pay 6 if you wanted).

            I'm pretty sure I saw Steve address this in an example someone had, but I couldn't find it with a quick search.

            I'll look again when I get some time.

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Fabrício César Franco <fabfranco@...> wrote:

            > Where would I find Steve's answer to that? In Great Power it isn't stated
            > clearly, I'm afraid.

          • Fabrício César Franco
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 29, 2013
              Jonathan, I was able to find Steve's answer to that. Extras count the same number of points in point-buy.

              Thanks for your reply!
            • Cameron Mount
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 29, 2013
                Fabricio, if you don't mind, could you link to that explanation? I'd like to keep it handy, maybe print and paperclip to my book.

                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 29, 2013
                  Cameron, it's here: Steve's answer to David Semmes in ICONS community in Google+
                  https://plus.google.com/u/0/100056277627878869081/posts/ED3un7GcCi2