Re: [icons-rpg] Icons Bingo Finale

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
      Bravo!

      And how was Nepenthe connected to the Octofather?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
        The thing that links it all up is Octofather, having capture Nepenthe, is harvesting its pollen to power a range alien psionic weaponry with the assistance of The Creeper. It works thematically I think because both Octofather and Nepenthe are aliens with mental powers. The processed alien pollen solution, or as it became known "the Green Goo" would become something characters would come across several times in the course of the campaign.

        In the Tarpit segment, Tarpit's tansformation was caused by him trying to dispose of disposing illegally of toxic waste which was of course green goo (or rather used Green Goo).

        In Through the Looking Glass,  research on the alien telepathic device was being funded by the Octofather and powered by Green Goo.

        In my version of Gangbusters it was the Octofather rather than the Nocenti family arming the gangs with super weapons, which in this case we psionic weapons powered by... Green Goo.

        Once the characters defeated the Octofather and freed Nepenthe, it, after expressing its gratitude, quickly turned on the heroes as it too has it's world domination plans. That was a fun twist and it meant we had two climatic battles for the price of one.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: jhmcmullen@...
        Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:04:12 -0700
        Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Icons Bingo Finale