Re: [icons-rpg] Zombie Icons Heroes

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
      Even if that never happens (the art would be cool though), it shouldn’t be too hard to create a “zombie” template that you could apply to existing heroes’ stat blocks. For all I know, this might even exist somewhere. I don’t recall anything like this in Adamant/Ad Infinitum stuff. Is there anything like this in the Fainting Goat adventures (Aquazombies?).

      On Jun 24, 2013, at 1:07 PM, "Jack" <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:

      With Marvel Zombies & books like Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines, maybe Dan Houser could "zombify" a few Icons heroes.
      I could be an idea for the next Hero Pack. Instead of a hero & his enemy villain, the hero normal & zombified.

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
      http://drchris.me/d20
      ><> ב״ה

    • Jack Saw
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
        I was thinking the same thing. Reduced mental stats. Possibly a reduction in powers also, to show decline in control, decay in body, etc.
        It would be fun & Dan Houser art would ve great.
        It would be a cool adventure book, or one off. An alternate dimension?

        ------------------------------
        On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 1:12 PM PDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:

        >Even if that never happens (the art would be cool though), it shouldn’t be too hard to create a “zombie” template that you could apply to existing heroes’ stat blocks. For all I know, this might even exist somewhere. I don’t recall anything like this in Adamant/Ad Infinitum stuff. Is there anything like this in the Fainting Goat adventures (Aquazombies?).
        >
        >On Jun 24, 2013, at 1:07 PM, "Jack" <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:
        >
        >> With Marvel Zombies & books like Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines, maybe Dan Houser could "zombify" a few Icons heroes.
        >> I could be an idea for the next Hero Pack. Instead of a hero & his enemy villain, the hero normal & zombified.
        >>

        >Chris Heard
        >Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
        >http://drchris.me/d20
        >><> ב״ה

      • Cameron Mount
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
          In turn for that, they'd have to receive some Life Support at 6 or 8, depending on how you feel about pressure effects on zombies. In traditional zombie fiction, pressure and vacuums don't affect them. Possibly also Damage Resistance at a high level like 10, but perhaps with the stamina only limitation.

          On Monday, June 24, 2013, Jack Saw wrote:

          I was thinking the same thing. Reduced mental stats. Possibly a reduction in powers also, to show decline in control, decay in body, etc.
          It would be fun & Dan Houser art would ve great.
          It would be a cool adventure book, or one off. An alternate dimension?

          ------------------------------
          On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 1:12 PM PDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:

          >Even if that never happens (the art would be cool though), it shouldn’t be too hard to create a “zombie” template that you could apply to existing heroes’ stat blocks. For all I know, this might even exist somewhere. I don’t recall anything like this in Adamant/Ad Infinitum stuff. Is there anything like this in the Fainting Goat adventures (Aquazombies?).
          >
          >On Jun 24, 2013, at 1:07 PM, "Jack" <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:
          >
          >> With Marvel Zombies & books like Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines, maybe Dan Houser could "zombify" a few Icons heroes.
          >> I could be an idea for the next Hero Pack. Instead of a hero & his enemy villain, the hero normal & zombified.
          >>

          >Chris Heard
          >Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
          >http://drchris.me/d20
          >><> ב״ה

        • Craig McRoberts
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
            Given the time period of comics that ICONS tends to evoke to me, I'm going to push strongly toward them being called "zuvembies."

            Craig

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Jun 24, 2013, at 16:51, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

            In turn for that, they'd have to receive some Life Support at 6 or 8, depending on how you feel about pressure effects on zombies. In traditional zombie fiction, pressure and vacuums don't affect them. Possibly also Damage Resistance at a high level like 10, but perhaps with the stamina only limitation.

            On Monday, June 24, 2013, Jack Saw wrote:

            I was thinking the same thing. Reduced mental stats. Possibly a reduction in powers also, to show decline in control, decay in body, etc.
            It would be fun & Dan Houser art would ve great.
            It would be a cool adventure book, or one off. An alternate dimension?

            ------------------------------
            On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 1:12 PM PDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:

            >Even if that never happens (the art would be cool though), it shouldn’t be too hard to create a “zombie” template that you could apply to existing heroes’ stat blocks. For all I know, this might even exist somewhere. I don’t recall anything like this in Adamant/Ad Infinitum stuff. Is there anything like this in the Fainting Goat adventures (Aquazombies?).
            >
            >On Jun 24, 2013, at 1:07 PM, "Jack" <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:
            >
            >> With Marvel Zombies & books like Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines, maybe Dan Houser could "zombify" a few Icons heroes.
            >> I could be an idea for the next Hero Pack. Instead of a hero & his enemy villain, the hero normal & zombified.
            >>

            >Chris Heard
            >Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
            >http://drchris.me/d20
            >><> ב״ה

          • Chris Tavares
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013

              I think that would be the first Icons product I’d go out of my way not to buy. Zombies are boring and overused. J

              -Chris

              I was thinking the same thing. Reduced mental stats. Possibly a reduction in powers also, to show decline in control, decay in body, etc.
              It would be fun & Dan Houser art would ve great.
              It would be a cool adventure book, or one off. An alternate dimension?

              ------------------------------

              On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 1:12 PM PDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:

              >Even if that never happens (the art would be cool though), it shouldn’t be too hard to create a “zombie” template that you could apply to existing heroes’ stat blocks. For all I know, this might even exist somewhere. I don’t recall anything like this in Adamant/Ad Infinitum stuff. Is there anything like this in the Fainting Goat adventures (Aquazombies?).
              >
              >On Jun 24, 2013, at 1:07 PM, "Jack" <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:
              >
              >> With Marvel Zombies & books like Ex-Heroes by Peter Clines, maybe Dan Houser could "zombify" a few Icons heroes.
              >> I could be an idea for the next Hero Pack. Instead of a hero & his enemy villain, the hero normal & zombified.
              >>

              >Chris Heard
              >Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
              >http://drchris.me/d20

            • Jack Saw
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
                Everyone has their own opinion. Dont like something, dont buy it.

                ------------------------------
                On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 2:03 PM PDT Chris Tavares wrote:

                >I think that would be the first Icons product I’d go out of my way not to buy. Zombies are boring and overused. :)
                >

                >-Chris

              • Icosahedrophilia
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
                  From a consumer’s point of view, sure. But from a publisher’s point of view, it’s helpful to know whether the target audience really wants what you’re contemplating. Not that we have any reason to think Ad Infinitum is actually considering or has even yet seen the original suggestion. My point is simply that Dan and Steve would need a pretty good idea that they’d get a good return on investment before launching such a project. And I doubt we’d see anything like that before 2014 at any rate.

                  But a “zombified hero” template … we could work that out ourselves, here, on the list in just a few days, and anyone who wanted it would have it. Not accompanied by Dan‘s art, granted, but still useful mechanically.

                  Chris

                  On Jun 24, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Jack Saw <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:

                  Everyone has their own opinion. Dont like something, dont buy it.

                  ------------------------------
                  On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 2:03 PM PDT Chris Tavares wrote:

                  >I think that would be the first Icons product I’d go out of my way not to buy. Zombies are boring and overused. :)

                  Chris Heard
                  Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                  http://drchris.me/d20
                  ><> ב״ה

                • Jack Saw
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
                    I understand what you are saying, but dont agree that its true. They didnt consult everyone before they made Gangbusters, Murder of Crowes, Jailbreak, etc.
                    Its obviously not of interest to everyone, but I think it would be a worthwhile adventure. It could be book similar to the other adventures, a 20 page pdf. A few zombified heroes & some rules could fit in a book that size.

                    ------------------------------
                    On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 2:29 PM PDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:

                    >From a consumer’s point of view, sure. But from a publisher’s point of view, it’s helpful to know whether the target audience really wants what you’re contemplating. Not that we have any reason to think Ad Infinitum is actually considering or has even yet seen the original suggestion. My point is simply that Dan and Steve would need a pretty good idea that they’d get a good return on investment before launching such a project. And I doubt we’d see anything like that before 2014 at any rate.
                    >
                    >But a “zombified hero” template … we could work that out ourselves, here, on the list in just a few days, and anyone who wanted it would have it. Not accompanied by Dan‘s art, granted, but still useful mechanically.
                    >
                    >Chris
                    >
                    >On Jun 24, 2013, at 2:17 PM, Jack Saw <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:
                    >> Everyone has their own opinion. Dont like something, dont buy it.
                    >>
                    >> ------------------------------
                    >> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 2:03 PM PDT Chris Tavares wrote:
                    >>
                    >> >I think that would be the first Icons product I’d go out of my way not to buy. Zombies are boring and overused. :)
                    >>

                    >Chris Heard
                    >Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                    >http://drchris.me/d20
                    >><> ב״ה

                  • Gerry
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 24, 2013
                      There's also the newly released "Rotted Capes" supers vs zombies (some of which are zombiefied heroes/villains)

                      Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/