Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Questions

  • Steve Zieser
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2010

      Well, when I bought Icons, I was greatly relieved to see the way Qualities and Complications were handled.  I had played SotC before, and I found the endless tagging of aspects on characters and objects in the characters surroundings to be a bit overwhelming and, at times, confusing.  Icons still gives you some of that free for all fun aspects can bring, but makes them more palatable for those of us coming from more "rigid" game systems.  If Icons were using aspects in a SotC fashion, I would probably not have purchased it.

      Our GM suprised us at last night's Necessary Evil session by announcing we were switching to Icons, which thrilled me because I was trying to think of a way to suggest switching to it without offending him.  We rolled new characters instead of converting and are starting a new game in the Marvel universe, which looks like it will be very cool.  So, I'm very excited to see what next session brings!
    • Tommy Brownell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2010
        I agree. The Fate-style "tag everything" stuff is a bit excessive for me
        and my group. I bet we could handle the ICONS version of just characters
        having aspects better.

[...]

        01:35:00
      • michaeltaylor90291
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2010