Re: [icons-rpg] Villain A Day (ConfederApe)

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2013
      I think it's telling that, in the original rulebook, ConfederApe gets a single page and a single story idea.

      Still, in the ICONic line, he'd be an interesting foe for, say, The Hangman. And it just now occurs to me that he might conflict with Baron Kriminel or Black Flame in an interesting way--there's an unspoken assumption about the South that of course it was wrong to free the slaves. My limited reading suggests that it was Lincoln's known abolitionist tendencies that precipitated the secession, and even claiming that technology would have eventually made slavery obsolete, I'm not really comfortable with the whole human-owning underpinning of the Confederate Cause. I'm certainly never likely to run the character.

      Unless Steve has great ideas for him, I'd probably let him languish.

      Next up: Diamond, both before the exposure and after (and the word "exposure" suddenly has me thinking about the Diamond sex tape, which is not actually a topic I want to contemplate).