Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Interesting Question --

  • Mike Olson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 19, 2013
      Yep, I'd back it. No question. And that's with my interest in Icons these days being primarily academic.

      --Mike

      On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Tim K. <silverlion@...> wrote:
      On 6/19/2013 10:07 PM, Andy Fix wrote:
      > Absolutely, Dan! The Icons characters are all pretty groovy, and your art fits them so well. I would definitely back such a project on Kickstarter.
      >
      > "Okay -- speaking as an artist -- and someone who knows a lot of writers...especially ICONS writers....would you guys be interested in an ICONS comic? Would that be something you all would be into supporting at all?
      >
      > I mean -- it would be a little costly to make an ICONS Trade Paperback sized comic -- but if I were to suggest a Kickstarter to back an ICONS comic -- a digest that contained several ICONics Stories.
      >
      > This is just something I was wondering today after considering the Art Question. This would be a Winter of this Year or Next Year thing. "
      >
      > - Andy Fix

      That would be awesome, at least if we get a trade with a LOT of stories
      in it.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
          icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
        It sounds really, really awesome.

        It also sounds really, really expensive, but then what do I know?

        In any event it certainly would be a lot more complicated and take more time than just making some of the existing art available.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: devlin1@...
        Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 21:33:47 -0700
        Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Interesting Question --

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
          My interest is also academic these days. I'd be interested...but not guaranteed.

          There'd have to be a nice mix of iconics, multiple stories, and soap opera (or at least a decent view of the supporting cast, even if they were newly invented for the collection). (A structure where three or four of them deal with individual problems that they discover are the same problem, and then team up--like several of the old JLA comics--might work well.)

          But definitely interested.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: devlin1@...
          Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 21:33:47 -0700

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 20, 2013
            I would back such a project.
            Just knowing how busy you are with theater commitments and other projects - I'm going to suggest that maybe this is a 2014 kind of thing