Re: [icons-rpg] Great Power's Art

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
      On Jun 19, 2013, at 8:50 AM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:
      To that effect I don't really have much use for a book as such, a zipped file full of jpgs would be lot more convenient but one can always make d if that is what could be on offer.

      Yes … something like this to use as handouts or on-screen displays for the players, without showing them stats. You could have “Bureau of Metahuman Affairs” dossier-type backgrounds. Wallpaper-style illustrations of typical settings, like an alley, a downtown street, an alien landscape, or whatever would be great, because then you could layer up your own “illustrations” Colorforms-style. Anybody remember Colorforms? Anyway, PNG would be better than JPG … see Fantastic Maps: Iconic Island on DriveThruRPG for an example of what I’m talking about, though in a different genre.

      I would definitely back a Kickstarter to help this happen! (But then I don’t think I’ve failed to back any ICONS Kickstarters so far, except for Justice Wheels, which doesn’t count since it wasn’t on Kickstarter per se. Hey, I even pre-ordered Team-Up …)

      What I would like to see in it is a selection of the art from Great Power in it's full glory. Some of looks amazing but's it's also so very tiny.  I would not mind seeing also some of the group and action sequences from previous ICONS products, but it's the Great Power illustrations which that aren't really focus they deserve.

      This.

      But not to delay Hero Pack 5, you understand. :-)

      Chris

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
      http://drchris.me/d20