RE: Great Power's Art

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013

      I think this email was meant for the entire Icons Yahoo group and not just me, though it might just be me that is interested.

      As mentioned my ultimate goal is have more cool Icons images for my screensaver. It is a noble and important goal as I am sure you all appreciate.

      To that effect I don't really have much use for a book as such, a zipped file full of jpgs would be lot more convenient but one can always make d if that is what could be on offer.

      What I would like to see in it is a selection of the art from Great Power in it's full glory. Some of looks amazing but's it's also so very tiny.  I would not mind seeing also some of the group and action sequences from previous ICONS products, but it's the Great Power illustrations which that aren't really focus they deserve.

      > Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 15:25:54 +0000
      > From: alienmastermind@...
      > To: gsoylent@...
      > Subject: Re: Great Power's Art
      >
      > Hmm...
      > Here's a question for everyone -- would anyone be interested in an Art of ICONS book? If you would -- I'd be happy to lay one out and create it for public consumption. Does that sound like something you guys would want?
      >
      > AND
      >
      > What stuff would you want included?
      >
      > Dan
      >
      > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I enjoy Icons' art so much I grabbed images from the different pdf products an occasional RPGNet sneak art preview threads and used them as my screensaver. And it's great because as we are playing someone will remark pointing to my PC screen "Oh, there's the Octofather!"
      > > There are lots really cool pictures in Great Power, but it kills me that they are mostly tiny or hard to crop. I haven't really tried yet but I sceptical that I will get many viable images from it.
      > > So here's the request, is there any chance that a selection of these originals of these illustrations will be shared online somewhere, maybe on the Icons wiki?

    • Icosahedrophilia
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 19, 2013
        On Jun 19, 2013, at 8:50 AM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:
        To that effect I don't really have much use for a book as such, a zipped file full of jpgs would be lot more convenient but one can always make d if that is what could be on offer.

        Yes … something like this to use as handouts or on-screen displays for the players, without showing them stats. You could have “Bureau of Metahuman Affairs” dossier-type backgrounds. Wallpaper-style illustrations of typical settings, like an alley, a downtown street, an alien landscape, or whatever would be great, because then you could layer up your own “illustrations” Colorforms-style. Anybody remember Colorforms? Anyway, PNG would be better than JPG … see Fantastic Maps: Iconic Island on DriveThruRPG for an example of what I’m talking about, though in a different genre.

        I would definitely back a Kickstarter to help this happen! (But then I don’t think I’ve failed to back any ICONS Kickstarters so far, except for Justice Wheels, which doesn’t count since it wasn’t on Kickstarter per se. Hey, I even pre-ordered Team-Up …)

        What I would like to see in it is a selection of the art from Great Power in it's full glory. Some of looks amazing but's it's also so very tiny.  I would not mind seeing also some of the group and action sequences from previous ICONS products, but it's the Great Power illustrations which that aren't really focus they deserve.

        This.

        But not to delay Hero Pack 5, you understand. :-)

        Chris

        Chris Heard
        Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
        http://drchris.me/d20