RE: [icons-rpg] Great Power printed edition

  • Chris Tavares
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013

      I haven’t received my copy either, but rpgnow says it’s in the mail.

      I suspect the issue is primarily one of the postal system. In the US these are being sent via book rate postage. This is pretty much the slowest possible domestic mail speed, but also the cheapest. I don’t know if the European postal systems do anything similar, but it may be they are either faster on the continent or the printer is closer to the destination (I am also assuming the book was printing in Europe for European customers).

      The US printer is in Tennessee. I’m in Seattle. Yeah, I’m going to be waiting a couple weeks for the book to arrive.

      -Chris

      From: cameron.a.mount@...
      Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:28:19 -0400

      Wtf? I backed it. Steve sent me an email that mine was coming, but I still haven't received it. Something's fucked up with the distribution system here.

      On Jun 13, 2013 1:19 PM, "Soylent Green" <gsoylent@...> wrote:

      Wow, what a surprise! I just got my print copy of Great Power today. I wasn't even a backer, only purchased it 5 days ago. That's service for you!

      It's a very pretty book. A little too late for my current campaign I am sure there will be opportunities in the future to try it out.

    • Gerry
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013

        I think it's more a case of their being less orders to fill in Europe than the US. I got mine, and I was a backer. Plus, Steve did state he was going through the list of backers to get their orders filled. If someone orders a book from DTRPG before Steve gets your name in, then their book will get printed first. I don't see that as being the DTRPG's fault

        At least the book is going out, unlike the book that shall not be named....

        Soultaker Studios Blog: http://soultakerstudios.blogspot.com/
      • David Andrews
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13, 2013

          FWIW, I recently ordered a printed version of FAE from Lulu. Estimated delivery time was 1-3 business days after printing which itself was estimated to be between 3 and 5 business days. I have no idea how the postal system in the US works but those are pretty standard estimates for non-express delivery services here in the UK.

          I'm a backer and my copy of Great Power arrived this morning.