Damage Resistance

  • alexknightowl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      Okay, hear me out first. I'd like to think this is a bit different from the usual discussion that Damage Resistance (Invulnerability) is too powerful (maybe not, but I like to think it).

      To me, Damage Resistance and Force Field are just *slightly* too broad in effect. I really don't mind the mechanic of ignoring any damage result lower than power level; I just think it's a bit inexpensive compared to other powers. In that vein, those powers would work like this instead:

      Damage Resistance adds its power level as a bonus to Stamina.

      Hardened: As an Extra, the character applies his power level as damage reduction as well (as per the current rules).

      So the power can have the same effect; it just costs an Extra (and the character gets a bonus to their Stamina too.)

      Note that if taking a Limit to only affect one type of attack, the character could then taken Hardened as an Extra to gain full damage reduction against it. This is the reason I'm not changing the Absorption power. It innately has the Limit to one attack type and the Extra to be Hardened, but instead of providing a bonus to Stamina, it has the option of taking one of the other Extras listed for the power.

      Force Field uses the same rule (and Extra). Also, I'm considering that any Stamina lost comes off the force field first and if the character takes a page of preparation, they can refresh any lost Stamina to their force field. Perhaps adding a bit more balance to the factor that Force Field drops if stunned or unconscious unlike Damage Resistance, but I'm not sure on that yet.

      Thoughts?

      KO