Supersenses question

  • eric troup
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2010
      Hi. In creating a character, my group was reading over the supersenses power description. It looks like for every level, you roll on that table ... which means, if I understand correctly, if you have Supersenses of 6, you roll six times on that table? Really? That seems like an ultrapowerful power. Are we interpreting it wrong?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2010
        You can roll six times or choose them yourself, according to the text. If you have Supersenses of 6, you could take (roll or choose) six different Supersenses from the table, or you could roll or choose to take the same Supersense more than once for a cumulative improvement in a Supersense.

        If you think that Supersense is too powerful for the game you want to run, you could consider making it count as two powers during character creation (and thus reducing number of Powers the character gets and starting Determination).

        Hope that helps,

        jaerdaph

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, eric troup <yakkoman@...> wrote:

        > Hi. In creating a character, my group was reading over the supersenses power description. It looks like for every level, you roll on that table ... which means, if I understand correctly, if you have Supersenses of 6, you roll six times on that table? Really? That seems like an ultrapowerful power. Are we interpreting it wrong?

      • Steve Kenson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 14, 2010
          On Jun 12, 2010, at 8:25 AM, yakkoman@...t wrote:
          In creating a character, my group was reading over the supersenses power description. It looks like for every level, you roll on that table ... which means, if I understand correctly, if you have Supersenses of 6, you roll six times on that table? Really?

          Really.

          Characters with Supersenses often have a lot of them: take Superman or Daredevil for example. It seemed kind of crazy to treat each one of them as a separate "power" in terms of character design and Determination, so it made more sense (so to speak) to go with the one bonus sense per level approach.

          As with anything in ICONS, I recommend trying it the way it is written and, if that doesn't work for you group, then by all means, change it!

        • eric troup

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2010
              Hi,

              When you are using the point-buy generation, how do you calculate
              how many points the normal version is built on? And does each version
              of the character (normal and powered) get Aspects, or is one set for
              both of them?
              Thanks and tchau!

              Fred Furtado
              fred.furtado@...
              Retalhos: http://patchlord.wordpress.com

              "As long as you can laugh, you are not defeated"
              -- Jack Vance