Linking adventures?

    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2013
      Soylent Green mentioned the possibility of the psionic gadget in Through the Looking Glass being N'Cephalos tech. The N'Cephalos might be providing the super tech smuggled in Gangbusters!

      I've run games where the fire character from The Mastermind Affair was the half-sister of the fire character from Sins of the Past, and the probability character was in fact the same person as the probability character from Sins of the Past (in a wig, and only because Grandpa asked her to do it).

      The fact that Danger In Dunsmouth, and (from Fainting Goat) The Other Side both have Lovecraftian overtones makes me think you could connect them, and maybe a third (GM-scripted adventure) with Dirge.

      I think you could make a good case that Aquazombies of the Kriegsmarine, Vampires of Red Square, and Drusilla White from Villainomicon are all connected somehow. (Heck, throw in Museum Mayhem too....and it would be possible to throw use that museum as the one containing a special collection of stuff from the Golden Agents after their place got trashed.)

      What kinds of links do you imagine between adventures so that they form a series?

      Message 2 of 2 , May 30, 2013
        If one were to replace the Killer Gamemaster with either Mr Mastermind or Monster Mastermind you could run Jailbreak as a prelude to The Mastermind Affair.

        To be honest Jailbreak isn't my favourite adventure, but I could imagine running a variant on the scenario in which some the more "iconic" heroes of the Icons-serse like Saguaro, Hangman and Miss Tikal are the ones who get trapped in the prison and it's up to the player characters to rescue them. It could be a good way to introduce these NPC into the campaign while giving the player characters a nice ego boost.

        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com