Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

  • Curt
    Message 1 of 19 , May 7, 2013
      I wish he would have turned the fulfillment of the project over to Steve with the switch; given Steve's track record, we'd at least have a version of the PDF by now, likely the finished PDF.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 7, 2013, at 6:57 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

      Who the hell knows?

      Far West backers are getting weekly updates showing regular progress is being made.

      Team-up pre-orders are getting no communication and no signs of progress.

      Ergo, I conclude that GMS is working on Far West, not Team-up.

      -Chris

      Message 2 of 19 , May 7, 2013
        Actually, I'm working on both, simultaneously. I spend the mornings on one, and the afternoon on the other.

        I hope to have it out by the end of next week.

        -Gareth
      • Chris Tavares
        Message 3 of 19 , May 7, 2013

          Instead of saying “next week” again, could you please give us a quick update on the percentage completed like you’ve been doing for Far West, and you did about a month ago here?

          Thanks,

          -Chris

          Message 4 of 19 , May 7, 2013
            Thanks for the update--only ask to be updated with the same regularity as the Far West backers.

            Sent from my iPhone

            On May 7, 2013, at 7:24 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

            Actually, I'm working on both, simultaneously. I spend the mornings on one, and the afternoon on the other.

            I hope to have it out by the end of next week.

            -Gareth

          • Hollis McCray

              --
              Hollis McCray
              aka The Fifth Wanderer

              ascensionschild@...

            • Curt

                  Message 8 of 19 , May 7, 2013
                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

                    > Understood. But keep keep in mind that Team-Up is a very touchy subject
                    > among long-term Icons fans. So I tend to keep a close eye every time the
                    > subject comes up. I think everyone would been happier if Gareth had given
                    > us detailed, regular status reports about Team-Up.

                    Yeah, I thought Team-Up was never to spoken of again here. I guess those restrictions have kind of eased up. For anyone who pre-ordered this product over a year ago, they have good reason to be annoyed/upset/frustrated/whatever.

                    I am happy that Great Power is out, and though I did not fund it, I will definitely pick up a print copy when I can.
                  • Curt
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                      If a community doesn't evaluate its past, it is destined to perpetuate it. That's why I ask about Team Up every couple of months. Just think of my questions as analogous to the student loan collection agency. ...oh, I think I just branded myself a villain.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                        And  my statement was not intended as a rebuke directly against you, just as a general  warning. Discussions about Team-Up have tended to get very ugly, very, very fast. I think that everyone is justified in their frustrations about this product, but one of the things I require on this list is keeping things civil.

                        So the ban is now lifted, just Keep It Cool. Gareth, progress reports would be appreciated and will do much to keep things calm at this point. I think the fact that Far West has been getting frequent updates and Team-Up has not is something of a sore point.

                        Message 11 of 19 , May 8, 2013

                          I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up Man causing friction in the Icons team, but I keep falling back to the fat controller from Thomas the Tank Engine: “You have caused confusion and delay!” J

                          -Chris

                          Message 12 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                            > I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up

                            Coming soon from Ad Infinitum Adventures:

                            ICONS: Next Week!
                            The Superpowered Guide to Animated Series and Cliffhangers!

                            :D

                            jaerdaph
                          • Chris Tavares
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 8, 2013

                              ROFL!!

                              I bow to you, sir!

                              -Chris

                              > I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up

                              Coming soon from Ad Infinitum Adventures:

                              ICONS: Next Week!
                              The Superpowered Guide to Animated Series and Cliffhangers!

                              :D

                              jaerdaph

                            • paul_jenkinson
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                                That'd be fun - base it on the old serials and cliffhangers of the 30s-50s, King of the Rocket Men, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Zorro etc :)

                                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                                > ROFL!!
                                >

                                > I bow to you, sir!
                                >

                                > -Chris