Re: [icons-rpg] With Great Power is out!

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7 4:52 PM
      Sorry, what I wrote below is wrong. The “conversion guide” is bundled with Great Power itself, not with the GM screen.

      On May 7, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

      I believe that the new Gamemaster’s Screen comes with some guidance on converting from “old ICONS” to “new ICONS.”

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
      http://drchris.me/d20
      ><> ב״ה

    • Chris Tavares
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7 4:55 PM

        If you want to stay compatible with the old Character Folio[1] then you really can’t use any of the new powers themselves, although you could probably refer to the new book for power descriptions.

        You can definitely use the new stunt rules – they’re pretty much what everyone was playing with anyway: no roll to see if the stunt works at all, just pay the determination, tag an aspect and go. Stunt tests also look interesting – roll to see if a stunt works, but don’t pay determination (this one’s optional).

        The benchmarks table is new, and should be very useful.

        Until you get the updated character folio, you probably don’t want the individual power changes.

        -Chris

        [1] Although I’m jealous – the character folio stopped working for me a while ago. A Java update apparently disabled my ability to save files. I can create all the characters I want, I just have to copy them down onto paper afterwards.

        Message 3 of 6 , May 7 11:40 PM
          First of all my condolences for your version of the Character Folio. I think if the Character Folio stopped working on my computer I would buy a new computer. :-)

          I think you are right about the Stunt rules. We certainly ignored the roll to see if you can activate the Stunt bit,  the DP cost seems sufficient and to see a Stunt fizzle, especially if it was a clever, creative use of a power, is no fun.
          But I think that came (along with the rest of the Stunt rules) from MSH.

          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com