Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

Expand Messages
  • Curt
    Wasn t it slated to come out before Far West? Sent from my iPhone
    Message 1 of 19 , May 7, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Wasn't it slated to come out before Far West?

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 7, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

       

      Somewhere behind Far West is my guess.

       

      -Chris

       

      From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
      Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:30 PM
      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

       

       

      The PDF of Great Power went out to us backers today, but where is Team Up?

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Chris Tavares
      Who the hell knows? Far West backers are getting weekly updates showing regular progress is being made. Team-up pre-orders are getting no communication and no
      Message 2 of 19 , May 7, 2013
      • 0 Attachment

        Who the hell knows?

         

        Far West backers are getting weekly updates showing regular progress is being made.

         

        Team-up pre-orders are getting no communication and no signs of progress.

         

        Ergo, I conclude that GMS is working on Far West, not Team-up.

         

        -Chris

         

        From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
        Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:52 PM
        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

         

         

        Wasn't it slated to come out before Far West?

        Sent from my iPhone


        On May 7, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

         

        Somewhere behind Far West is my guess.

         

        -Chris

         

        From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
        Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:30 PM
        To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

         

         

        The PDF of Great Power went out to us backers today, but where is Team Up?

        Sent from my iPhone

      • Curt
        I wish he would have turned the fulfillment of the project over to Steve with the switch; given Steve s track record, we d at least have a version of the PDF
        Message 3 of 19 , May 7, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          I wish he would have turned the fulfillment of the project over to Steve with the switch; given Steve's track record, we'd at least have a version of the PDF by now, likely the finished PDF. 

          Sent from my iPhone

          On May 7, 2013, at 6:57 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

           

          Who the hell knows?

           

          Far West backers are getting weekly updates showing regular progress is being made.

           

          Team-up pre-orders are getting no communication and no signs of progress.

           

          Ergo, I conclude that GMS is working on Far West, not Team-up.

           

          -Chris

           

          From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
          Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:52 PM
          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

           

           

          Wasn't it slated to come out before Far West?

          Sent from my iPhone


          On May 7, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

           

          Somewhere behind Far West is my guess.

           

          -Chris

           

          From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
          Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:30 PM
          To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

           

           

          The PDF of Great Power went out to us backers today, but where is Team Up?

          Sent from my iPhone

        • Gareth-Michael Skarka
          Actually, I m working on both, simultaneously. I spend the mornings on one, and the afternoon on the other. I hope to have it out by the end of next week.
          Message 4 of 19 , May 7, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            Actually, I'm working on both, simultaneously. I spend the mornings on one, and the afternoon on the other.

            I hope to have it out by the end of next week.

            -Gareth
          • Chris Tavares
            Instead of saying next week again, could you please give us a quick update on the percentage completed like you ve been doing for Far West, and you did about
            Message 5 of 19 , May 7, 2013
            • 0 Attachment

              Instead of saying “next week” again, could you please give us a quick update on the percentage completed like you’ve been doing for Far West, and you did about a month ago here?

               

              Thanks,

               

              -Chris

               

              From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Gareth-Michael Skarka
              Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:24 PM
              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

               

               

              Actually, I'm working on both, simultaneously. I spend the mornings on one, and the afternoon on the other.

              I hope to have it out by the end of next week.

              -Gareth

            • Curt
              Thanks for the update--only ask to be updated with the same regularity as the Far West backers. Sent from my iPhone
              Message 6 of 19 , May 7, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                Thanks for the update--only ask to be updated with the same regularity as the Far West backers.

                Sent from my iPhone

                On May 7, 2013, at 7:24 PM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

                 

                Actually, I'm working on both, simultaneously. I spend the mornings on one, and the afternoon on the other.

                I hope to have it out by the end of next week.

                -Gareth

              • Hollis McCray
                Ahem. The Listmod does read these, you know. ... -- Hollis McCray aka The Fifth Wanderer ascensionschild@gmail.com GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats
                Message 7 of 19 , May 7, 2013
                • 0 Attachment
                  Ahem. The Listmod does read these, you know.


                  On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Chris Tavares <cct@...> wrote:
                   

                  Who the hell knows?

                   

                  Far West backers are getting weekly updates showing regular progress is being made.

                   

                  Team-up pre-orders are getting no communication and no signs of progress.

                   

                  Ergo, I conclude that GMS is working on Far West, not Team-up.

                   

                  -Chris

                   

                  From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
                  Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:52 PM
                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                   

                   

                  Wasn't it slated to come out before Far West?

                  Sent from my iPhone


                  On May 7, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                   

                  Somewhere behind Far West is my guess.

                   

                  -Chris

                   

                  From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
                  Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:30 PM
                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  Subject: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                   

                   

                  The PDF of Great Power went out to us backers today, but where is Team Up?

                  Sent from my iPhone




                  --
                  Hollis McCray
                  aka The Fifth Wanderer

                  ascensionschild@...

                  "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
                • Curt
                  I intended nothing inappropriate by my question. I only request regular-detailed updates. Sent from my iPhone
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 7, 2013
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I intended nothing inappropriate by my question. I only request regular-detailed updates.

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    On May 7, 2013, at 7:50 PM, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

                     

                    Ahem. The Listmod does read these, you know.


                    On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Chris Tavares <cct@...> wrote:
                     

                    Who the hell knows?

                     

                    Far West backers are getting weekly updates showing regular progress is being made.

                     

                    Team-up pre-orders are getting no communication and no signs of progress.

                     

                    Ergo, I conclude that GMS is working on Far West, not Team-up.

                     

                    -Chris

                     

                    From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
                    Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:52 PM
                    To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                     

                     

                    Wasn't it slated to come out before Far West?

                    Sent from my iPhone


                    On May 7, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                     

                    Somewhere behind Far West is my guess.

                     

                    -Chris

                     

                    From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
                    Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:30 PM
                    To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    Subject: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                     

                     

                    The PDF of Great Power went out to us backers today, but where is Team Up?

                    Sent from my iPhone




                    --
                    Hollis McCray
                    aka The Fifth Wanderer

                    ascensionschild@...

                    "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere

                  • Hollis McCray
                    Understood. But keep keep in mind that Team-Up is a very touchy subject among long-term Icons fans. So I tend to keep a close eye every time the subject comes
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 7, 2013
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Understood. But keep keep  in mind that Team-Up is a very touchy subject among long-term Icons fans. So I tend to keep a close eye every time the subject comes up. I think everyone would been happier if Gareth had given us detailed, regular status reports about Team-Up.


                      On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Curt <curtmeyer@...> wrote:
                       

                      I intended nothing inappropriate by my question. I only request regular-detailed updates.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On May 7, 2013, at 7:50 PM, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:

                       

                      Ahem. The Listmod does read these, you know.


                      On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Chris Tavares <cct@...> wrote:
                       

                      Who the hell knows?

                       

                      Far West backers are getting weekly updates showing regular progress is being made.

                       

                      Team-up pre-orders are getting no communication and no signs of progress.

                       

                      Ergo, I conclude that GMS is working on Far West, not Team-up.

                       

                      -Chris

                       

                      From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
                      Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:52 PM
                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                       

                       

                      Wasn't it slated to come out before Far West?

                      Sent from my iPhone


                      On May 7, 2013, at 6:47 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                       

                      Somewhere behind Far West is my guess.

                       

                      -Chris

                       

                      From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
                      Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:30 PM
                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: [icons-rpg] The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                       

                       

                      The PDF of Great Power went out to us backers today, but where is Team Up?

                      Sent from my iPhone




                      --
                      Hollis McCray
                      aka The Fifth Wanderer

                      ascensionschild@...

                      "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere




                      --
                      Hollis McCray
                      aka The Fifth Wanderer

                      ascensionschild@...

                      "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
                    • B.C. Wendel
                      ... Yeah, I thought Team-Up was never to spoken of again here. I guess those restrictions have kind of eased up. For anyone who pre-ordered this product over
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 7, 2013
                      • 0 Attachment
                        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > Understood. But keep keep in mind that Team-Up is a very touchy subject
                        > among long-term Icons fans. So I tend to keep a close eye every time the
                        > subject comes up. I think everyone would been happier if Gareth had given
                        > us detailed, regular status reports about Team-Up.
                        >

                        Yeah, I thought Team-Up was never to spoken of again here. I guess those restrictions have kind of eased up. For anyone who pre-ordered this product over a year ago, they have good reason to be annoyed/upset/frustrated/whatever.

                        I am happy that Great Power is out, and though I did not fund it, I will definitely pick up a print copy when I can.
                      • Curt
                        If a community doesn t evaluate its past, it is destined to perpetuate it. That s why I ask about Team Up every couple of months. Just think of my questions as
                        Message 11 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                        • 0 Attachment
                          If a community doesn't evaluate its past, it is destined to perpetuate it. That's why I ask about Team Up every couple of months. Just think of my questions as analogous to the student loan collection agency. ...oh, I think I just branded myself a villain.

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On May 7, 2013, at 11:28 PM, "B.C. Wendel" <BCKixAzz@...> wrote:

                           

                          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > Understood. But keep keep in mind that Team-Up is a very touchy subject
                          > among long-term Icons fans. So I tend to keep a close eye every time the
                          > subject comes up. I think everyone would been happier if Gareth had given
                          > us detailed, regular status reports about Team-Up.
                          >

                          Yeah, I thought Team-Up was never to spoken of again here. I guess those restrictions have kind of eased up. For anyone who pre-ordered this product over a year ago, they have good reason to be annoyed/upset/frustrated/whatever.

                          I am happy that Great Power is out, and though I did not fund it, I will definitely pick up a print copy when I can.

                        • Hollis McCray
                          And my statement was not intended as a rebuke directly against you, just as a general warning. Discussions about Team-Up have tended to get very ugly, very,
                          Message 12 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                          • 0 Attachment
                            And  my statement was not intended as a rebuke directly against you, just as a general  warning. Discussions about Team-Up have tended to get very ugly, very, very fast. I think that everyone is justified in their frustrations about this product, but one of the things I require on this list is keeping things civil.

                            So the ban is now lifted, just Keep It Cool. Gareth, progress reports would be appreciated and will do much to keep things calm at this point. I think the fact that Far West has been getting frequent updates and Team-Up has not is something of a sore point.


                            On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Curt <curtmeyer@...> wrote:
                             

                            If a community doesn't evaluate its past, it is destined to perpetuate it. That's why I ask about Team Up every couple of months. Just think of my questions as analogous to the student loan collection agency. ...oh, I think I just branded myself a villain.

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            On May 7, 2013, at 11:28 PM, "B.C. Wendel" <BCKixAzz@...> wrote:

                             

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > Understood. But keep keep in mind that Team-Up is a very touchy subject
                            > among long-term Icons fans. So I tend to keep a close eye every time the
                            > subject comes up. I think everyone would been happier if Gareth had given
                            > us detailed, regular status reports about Team-Up.
                            >

                            Yeah, I thought Team-Up was never to spoken of again here. I guess those restrictions have kind of eased up. For anyone who pre-ordered this product over a year ago, they have good reason to be annoyed/upset/frustrated/whatever.

                            I am happy that Great Power is out, and though I did not fund it, I will definitely pick up a print copy when I can.




                            --
                            Hollis McCray
                            aka The Fifth Wanderer

                            ascensionschild@...

                            "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere
                          • Chris Tavares
                            I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up Man causing friction in the Icons team, but I keep falling back to the fat controller from Thomas the Tank
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                            • 0 Attachment

                              I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up Man causing friction in the Icons team, but I keep falling back to the fat controller from Thomas the Tank Engine: “You have caused confusion and delay!” J

                               

                              -Chris

                               

                              From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Curt
                              Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 10:23 AM
                              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                              Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                               

                               

                              If a community doesn't evaluate its past, it is destined to perpetuate it. That's why I ask about Team Up every couple of months. Just think of my questions as analogous to the student loan collection agency. ...oh, I think I just branded myself a villain.


                              Sent from my iPhone


                              On May 7, 2013, at 11:28 PM, "B.C. Wendel" <BCKixAzz@...> wrote:

                               

                              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Hollis McCray <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > Understood. But keep keep in mind that Team-Up is a very touchy subject
                              > among long-term Icons fans. So I tend to keep a close eye every time the
                              > subject comes up. I think everyone would been happier if Gareth had given
                              > us detailed, regular status reports about Team-Up.
                              >

                              Yeah, I thought Team-Up was never to spoken of again here. I guess those restrictions have kind of eased up. For anyone who pre-ordered this product over a year ago, they have good reason to be annoyed/upset/frustrated/whatever.

                              I am happy that Great Power is out, and though I did not fund it, I will definitely pick up a print copy when I can.

                            • jaerdaph
                              ... Coming soon from Ad Infinitum Adventures: ICONS: Next Week! The Superpowered Guide to Animated Series and Cliffhangers! ... jaerdaph
                              Message 14 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                              • 0 Attachment
                                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up

                                Coming soon from Ad Infinitum Adventures:

                                ICONS: Next Week!
                                The Superpowered Guide to Animated Series and Cliffhangers!

                                :D

                                jaerdaph
                              • Chris Tavares
                                ROFL!! I bow to you, sir! -Chris From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jaerdaph Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 11:08 AM
                                Message 15 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                                • 0 Attachment

                                  ROFL!!

                                   

                                  I bow to you, sir!

                                   

                                  -Chris

                                   

                                  From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jaerdaph
                                  Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 11:08 AM
                                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                  Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: The question on everyone on this list's minds....

                                   

                                   

                                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                                  >
                                  > I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up

                                  Coming soon from Ad Infinitum Adventures:

                                  ICONS: Next Week!
                                  The Superpowered Guide to Animated Series and Cliffhangers!

                                  :D

                                  jaerdaph

                                • paul_jenkinson
                                  That d be fun - base it on the old serials and cliffhangers of the 30s-50s, King of the Rocket Men, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Zorro etc :)
                                  Message 16 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    That'd be fun - base it on the old serials and cliffhangers of the 30s-50s, King of the Rocket Men, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Zorro etc :)

                                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > ROFL!!
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > I bow to you, sir!
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > -Chris
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                                    > Of jaerdaph
                                    > Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 11:08 AM
                                    > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                    > Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: The question on everyone on this list's minds....
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com <mailto:icons-rpg%40yahoogroups.com> ,
                                    > "Chris Tavares" <cct@ <mailto:cct@> > wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up
                                    >
                                    > Coming soon from Ad Infinitum Adventures:
                                    >
                                    > ICONS: Next Week!
                                    > The Superpowered Guide to Animated Series and Cliffhangers!
                                    >
                                    > :D
                                    >
                                    > jaerdaph
                                    >
                                  • Curt
                                    Yes it would. I d totally be onto that. Sent from my iPhone
                                    Message 17 of 19 , May 8, 2013
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      Yes it would. I'd totally be onto that.

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      On May 8, 2013, at 1:44 PM, "paul_jenkinson" <arthurpness@...> wrote:

                                       

                                      That'd be fun - base it on the old serials and cliffhangers of the 30s-50s, King of the Rocket Men, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, Zorro etc :)

                                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      > ROFL!!
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > I bow to you, sir!
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > -Chris
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > From: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com [mailto:icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                                      > Of jaerdaph
                                      > Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 11:08 AM
                                      > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      > Subject: [icons-rpg] Re: The question on everyone on this list's minds....
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com <mailto:icons-rpg%40yahoogroups.com> ,
                                      > "Chris Tavares" <cct@ <mailto:cct@> > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > I keep trying to come up with a joke about Team-up
                                      >
                                      > Coming soon from Ad Infinitum Adventures:
                                      >
                                      > ICONS: Next Week!
                                      > The Superpowered Guide to Animated Series and Cliffhangers!
                                      >
                                      > :D
                                      >
                                      > jaerdaph
                                      >

                                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.