An ICONS Character Generator for iOS

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7 8:42 AM
      Retrying; I sent this to the ICONS PBEM list instead of here...

      Someone mentioned it earlier (I remember that I leapt in a commented in ignorance); Steve said (if I recall correctly) that he wasn't against the idea, so did anyone know any iOS programmers? Now, the Android system was secretly Java with a number of extensions and a custom compilation. It seems like it would be easy to do something one-buttocked on Android and only four times as much work to produce something using a native UI, based on the existing Character Folio.

      Butit seems to me that the release of Great Power would be a fine opportunity to showcase another platform for a character generator. I love my ICONS Character Folio, but being able to use it on my iPhone...well, that would be groovy. So let me give that concept a bit more bandwidth.

      Not me; let me make that clear. I'm not a iOS programmer.

      There *are* web-based generators, such as the Icon's Assemble one (https://icons-assemble.appspot.com/) or the Inkwell one (http://www.inkwellideas.com/roleplaying_tools/superhero_generator/). The Truth and Justice wiki has the Excel based one, but I don't know how well it would work using, say, DocsToGo or Numbers on the iPad. (And that one is really focused on random characters, so if you want to design a character as well, there's much more flipping and fiddling.)