Re: [icons-rpg] Regarding Marvel

  • Jonathan Lang
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2013
      On Apr 25, 2013, at 1:29 PM, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

      On 4/25/2013 2:31 PM, Colin T wrote:
      > What was your opinion about the Cortex-Marvel rpg?
      >
      > Do you think they did the best they could with whatever deal they had with Marvel?
      >
      > I'm just wondering why event books?
      >
      > Maybe you can answer what I'm obviously missing since at least unlike Green Ronin they didn't get confronted with a reboot shortly after they began their licensing deal?

      It was a bit to fiddly. I enjoyed their Smallville game, although it
      needed clearer writing/directions.

      Marvel had the same lack of clarity, but less substance in terms of char
      gen/soap opera, and as a (older/longer term) fan of Marvel comics, I
      can tell you they needed more soap opera in their game.

      Frankly, Marvel could really have used something like Smallville's Values and Relationships setup — the Values part, at least.  The Solo/Partner/Team thing just didn't feel right for the setting.