RE: [icons-rpg] Marvel Heroic cancelled

  • Cameron Mount
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013

      Posts at RPG.net by creators indicate that Marvel wants all books and PDFs pulled from the market by Tuesday.

      On Apr 24, 2013 5:39 PM, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

      Could someone with more details clarify something? They said that there won’t be anything more for the line, but will the core book still be available even if the event books don’t happen? They’re kinda vague in the blog post.

      Thanks,

      -Chris

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
        I was a freelancer on a couple of the cosmic supplements (one of which is still unreleased). Very sad to see it canceled.

        And - my understanding from talking to MWP is that all products will be yanked off the market by months end.

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

        > Could someone with more details clarify something? They said that there
        > won't be anything more for the line, but will the core book still be
        > available even if the event books don't happen? They're kinda vague in the
        > blog post.
        >

        > Thanks,
        >

        > -Chris

      • Fabrício César Franco
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
          Call me a thick-headed guy, but I hated the amount of dice involved in Cortex system. I like the simplicity of ICONS for a reason...

          --
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/fabfranco
          Blog: Logomaquia
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
            I wanted to like it, but games like cortex + (I enjoyed cortex) and FATE seem to be beyond my grasp.
            I like games that have stats and powers done the old school way.

            Sent from the SDF-5 Command Ship

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
              I forgot to add that I feel bad for all the writers, editors and everyone who worked on the books.
              Regardless of how I feel about the books, the game was popular with many and all involved deserve kudos for their hard work.