RE: [icons-rpg] New setting Peacekeepers is now available on RPGNow.com!

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2013
      Interesting.  Seems like a perfect follow up to Necessary Evil which, coincidentally I recently ran using ICONS.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: erpegis@...
      Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 14:38:26 +0000
      Subject: [icons-rpg] New setting Peacekeepers is now available on RPGNow.com!

      So there you have it.

      http://www.rpgnow.com/product/111931/Peacekeepers

      A horde of super-powered troopers attacked Earth, demolished the most important cities, killed the major superheroes... but a masked supervillainess somehow drove them back. We survived the invasion. Now, it's YOUR turn to become the global superhero team, maintain the peace and delve into the origins of the invaders. Hopefully, you'll get to save the world.

      Peacekeepers is a mini-setting for Savage Worlds (requiring Super Powers Companion) or ICONS describing the world after an invasion of Ultimians. You could use it on your own or incorporate it in an existing campaign.

      In this book you'll find new threats and opportunities, some optional rules (like a Wealth system for Savage Worlds and Icons), some new Edges and Hindrances, a superheroic adventure generator and a random civilian events generator (to roll up what happens when you're out of costume). It contains an outline of the Plot Point campaign, and two semi-related Savage Tales, complete with a collection of unusual suspects.

      Everything is statted for Savage Worlds and Icons.

    • Colin T
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2013
        Thanks for the link, picked it up and have been reading it an interesting premise but especially liked the addition of the wealth system for Icons!
      • Jakub
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 5, 2013
          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Colin T" <colinfit20@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the link, picked it up and have been reading it an interesting premise but especially liked the addition of the wealth system for Icons!

          Hey, it is based on Icons' grand-daddy, but I think it stands on its own. Thank you so much!

          If anyone has any questions on the book, feel free to ask me anything.
        • Jakub
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
            In case you were wondering what happened, there's been a slight licensing issue - now we're selling two versions of the book, one for SW and another one for ICONS:

            http://www.rpgnow.com/product/112209/Peacekeepers%3A-ICONS-edition
          • Chris Tavares
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013

              Bummer.

              How does this affect those of us who already purchased the dual-statted edition?

              In case you were wondering what happened, there's been a slight licensing issue - now we're selling two versions of the book, one for SW and another one for ICONS:

              http://www.rpgnow.com/product/112209/Peacekeepers%3A-ICONS-edition

            • Curt
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 11, 2013
                What about bundling the two new versions together at a discount?

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 12, 2013
                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Tavares" <cct@...> wrote:

                  > Bummer.
                  >
                  > How does this affect those of us who already purchased the dual-statted
                  > edition?

                  You should get both new pdfs for free. Check your spam folder for e-mail from rpgnow :)
                • Jakub
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 12, 2013
                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Curt <curtmeyer@...> wrote:

                    > What about bundling the two new versions together at a discount?

                    We're thinking about it, but it depends on rpgnow.
                  • Jakub
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 12, 2013
                      Ask and ye shall receive:

                      http://www.rpgnow.com/product/112266/Peacekeepers-Bundle-%5BBUNDLE%5D

                      Two editions of the game in one easy package.