Re: Peacekeepers variant

  • Colin T
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012
      The worst I've been thinking along this line is if I ever get a dimensional travelling character rolled was to give them the background that they have the ability to travel about 1500 years into the future and its like going from today to a remake of the world shown in the 13th warrior movie with Anthony Banderas.

      The idea is that this character is heading into the past trying to figure out what happened and fine some way to prevent it and it'll get to the stage where the character realises all they can do is help groups of people move to their future so they can help rebuild civilisation but as far as the modern world is concerned this perosbn is either serial kidnapping or a serial killer who can't reveal the truth since that would cause a major panic as the few who do know or suspect are trying to take advantage of the situation but that eventually is what causes the cataclysm and the character can't intervene since the only alternative means of preventing the subsequent loss of life is to get them to speed up the establishing of an offworld settlement... given the current world situation that isn't going to happen...
    • Jakub
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012
        > The idea is that this character is heading into the past trying to figure out what happened and fine some way to prevent it and it'll get to the stage where the character realises all they can do is help groups of people move to their future so they can help rebuild civilisation but as far as the modern world is concerned this perosbn is either serial kidnapping or a serial killer who can't reveal the truth since that would cause a major panic as the few who do know or suspect are trying to take advantage of the situation but that eventually is what causes the cataclysm and the character can't intervene since the only alternative means of preventing the subsequent loss of life is to get them to speed up the establishing of an offworld settlement... given the current world situation that isn't going to happen...

        Great minds think alike, we already have this kind of character - only he's a hyper-intelligent ape.
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2012
          I suddenly have an idea for an over-the-top vigilante. The heroes think he's going too far by disintegrating the bad guys when in fact he is building an army.