Re: [icons-rpg] Wraith: The Iconoclasm

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
      I feel like for ICONS, I'd want to go light on the shadow mechanics. Instead of having Challenges for bad aspects, I'd repurpose all of that stuff into the Shadow Mechanic. Then any kind of interaction you have with your shadow would take the form of compels against your challenges.

      I feel like I've seen an alternate Damage tracks system for ICONS which covers certain specialized situations but I can't seem to find it. The basic idea as I remember it was that everyone had a 3 (or 4 or 5) hit track for whatever they were up against that could be brought up and down by damage and recovery. Three web hits for instance and you were hog tied. In addition to stamina and webbing, one of these could be Soul and bad stuff happens when you get down to zero.

      On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Bruce Baugh <mrigashirsha@...> wrote:

      Back in the day, I was one of the writers for White Wolf's game of
      playing ghosts, Wraith: The Oblivion. I continue to love the setting,
      but always felt that some of the mechanics needed some loving
      overhaul. One of my pet things to do with new-to-me games is see how
      they work for adapting. Wraith. Now it's ICONS's turn.

      The title is a gift from Craig Oxbrow, to whom much thanks.

      https://plus.google.com/107122403431806926287/posts/UeCSWZiX2qD - a
      first look at abilities and powers.

      https://plus.google.com/107122403431806926287/posts/HvqMkEfDfkS -
      Shadow-related mechanics and ideas.

      There will likely be more, as I'm having fun doing it.

      At the moment this is all very insider-y - if you look at it without
      knowing Wraith, I can't think it'll do you much good, but I'd like to
      hear your thoughts if any of it seems interesting anyway. Writing a
      guide for newcomers with more polished versions of this stuff might be
      fun.

      Regards,
      Bruce