RE: [icons-rpg] Powerful minions/henchmen/etc for heroes

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 21, 2012
      With Plant Control I always just assumed that the plant-minions had Stamina points equal to the power's rank. Rereading the power I now realise that is not actually in the rules.

      That tends to happen a lot to me with ICONS, the boundary between the rules as written and my own interpretation and extrapolations tends to get pretty fuzzy. I've also deliberately made the same exact power work differently for different characters because that  is what made sense for that character.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: mrigashirsha@...
      Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:26:52 -0800
      Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Powerful minions/henchmen/etc for heroes

      Yeah, that definitely works as well, focusing on the effects that get delivered. How'd you handle attacks aimed at the henchentities?

      On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:

      Ah yes. I had a Pistols/Thugs mastermind too. She was so much fun I soloed her all teh way to 50 without even noticing. Nothing quite prepares you for the thrill of seeing your brute arriving on a motorcycle for the first time!

      As for converting this to Icons, I'd be tempted to take Plant Control as a model. I am not saying thugs are just vegetables, but in ICONS mechanics term they might as well be. To simulate the multiple minions effect I'd allow the player to select this power multiple times as a bonus power - each rolled individually and each time times its selected  counting towards the starting DP pool.