Re: Font of Heroes Round Robin

  • Michael M
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 11, 2012
      Also, would it be safe to assume that the Magneto font is off limits? :)

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael M" <mmdozer@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to participate in Font of Heroes also.
      >
      > Since it starts next week, this should give me time to finish my Justice Wheels writeup beforehand...
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mike M
      >

      > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@> wrote:
      > >
      > > So how does this sound:
      > >
      > > This Sunday night October 14th (US Eastern time), I'll announce (on this ICONS Yahoo Group List) the name of the first TrueType font with a link to that font, and the first participant has 24 hours to create an ICONS hero or villain named after and inspired by that font and share it here on the Yahoo Group List or provide a link to a personal blog, PDF file, message board post etc. At that time, they also need to provide a TrueType font and link to that font for the following participant to use over the next 24 hours, and so on until we reach the last participant in the list.
      > >
      > > Here's the draft list. I'll go last since I pick the first font:
      > >
      > > 1. John McMullen (Monday 10/15)
      > > 2. Walt Robillard (Tuesday 10/16)
      > > 3. Cameron Mount (Wednesday 10/17)
      > > 4. Chris Heard (Thursday 10/18)
      > > X. (LAST) Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales (~Friday 10/19)
      > >
      > > There is still time to sign up to participate if you want - just let us know and we'll add you to the roll call. Let me know too if the days I assigned don't work for any of you and we can move names around.
      > >
      > > jaerdaph

    • Seamus
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 11, 2012
        Actually, being that I'm a comic book AND typography nerd, I'd be remiss if I didn't throw my name in there. Is there still room? :)

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 11, 2012
          Here's the latest schedule. Still time to throw your hat in the ring!

          Font of Heroes Round Robin Schedule (TENTATIVE)

          1. Walt Robillard(Monday 10/15)
          2. John McMullen (Tuesday 10/16)
          3. Cameron Mount (Wednesday 10/17)
          4. Chris Heard (Thursday 10/18)
          5. Michael M. (Friday 10/19)
          6. Seamus (Saturday 10/20)
          ....SLOTS STILL AVAILABLE....
          X. (LAST) Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales (~Sunday 10/21?)

          jaerdaph

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 11, 2012
            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael M" <mmdozer@...> wrote:

            > Also, would it be safe to assume that the Magneto font is off limits? :)

            Yeah, we should probably avoid that one! :D

            Also, no Arial, Times New Roman, and similar bog standard fonts. And no Papyrus or Comic Sans either! :)

            jaerdaph
          • Walt
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 11, 2012
              So who is going to pick my font or do I get to choose?
              Regards,
              Walt

              --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@...> wrote:

              > Here's the latest schedule. Still time to throw your hat in the ring!
              >
              > Font of Heroes Round Robin Schedule (TENTATIVE)
              >
              > 1. Walt Robillard(Monday 10/15)
              > 2. John McMullen (Tuesday 10/16)
              > 3. Cameron Mount (Wednesday 10/17)
              > 4. Chris Heard (Thursday 10/18)
              > 5. Michael M. (Friday 10/19)
              > 6. Seamus (Saturday 10/20)
              > ....SLOTS STILL AVAILABLE....
              > X. (LAST) Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales (~Sunday 10/21?)
              >
              > jaerdaph
              >
              > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Seamus" <sotp_seamus@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Actually, being that I'm a comic book AND typography nerd, I'd be remiss if I didn't throw my name in there. Is there still room? :)
              > >
              > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael M" <mmdozer@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Also, would it be safe to assume that the Magneto font is off limits? :)

            • Cameron Mount
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 12, 2012
                I think Joe said since he was last in order that he'd pick the font to start with.

                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 12, 2012
                  Yes - this coming Sunday I'll announce the first font. :) I'll also post the final list of participants.

                  jaerdaph

                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

                  > I think Joe said since he was last in order that he'd pick the font to
                  > start with.
                  >
                  > On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Walt <kroh01@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > So who is going to pick my font or do I get to choose?
                  > > Regards,
                  > > Walt
                  > >

                  > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Here's the latest schedule. Still time to throw your hat in the ring!
                  > > >
                  > > > Font of Heroes Round Robin Schedule (TENTATIVE)
                  > > >
                  > > > 1. Walt Robillard(Monday 10/15)
                  > > > 2. John McMullen (Tuesday 10/16)
                  > > > 3. Cameron Mount (Wednesday 10/17)
                  > > > 4. Chris Heard (Thursday 10/18)
                  > > > 5. Michael M. (Friday 10/19)
                  > > > 6. Seamus (Saturday 10/20)
                  > > > ....SLOTS STILL AVAILABLE....
                  > > > X. (LAST) Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales (~Sunday 10/21?)
                  > > >
                  > > > jaerdaph

                  > > remiss if I didn't throw my name in there. Is there still room? :)

                  > > limits? :)

                  > > Justice Wheels writeup beforehand...

                  > > (on this ICONS Yahoo Group List) the name of the first TrueType font with a
                  > > link to that font, and the first participant has 24 hours to create an
                  > > ICONS hero or villain named after and inspired by that font and share it
                  > > here on the Yahoo Group List or provide a link to a personal blog, PDF
                  > > file, message board post etc. At that time, they also need to provide a
                  > > TrueType font and link to that font for the following participant to use
                  > > over the next 24 hours, and so on until we reach the last participant in
                  > > the list.

                  > > let us know and we'll add you to the roll call. Let me know too if the days
                  > > I assigned don't work for any of you and we can move names around.

                • Michael M
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 13, 2012
                    I'll be out of town next Friday and Saturday.

                    May I have one of the earlier days (or later days if we have additional participants)?

                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 13, 2012
                      Walt, would you mind switching with Michael to Friday?

                      jaerdaph

                      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Michael M" <mmdozer@...> wrote:

                      > I'll be out of town next Friday and Saturday.
                      >
                      > May I have one of the earlier days (or later days if we have additional participants)?
                      >
                      > - Mike M
                      >

                      > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "jaerdaph" <jjbardales@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Here's the latest schedule. Still time to throw your hat in the ring!
                      > >
                      > > Font of Heroes Round Robin Schedule (TENTATIVE)
                      > >
                      > > 1. Walt Robillard(Monday 10/15)
                      > > 2. John McMullen (Tuesday 10/16)
                      > > 3. Cameron Mount (Wednesday 10/17)
                      > > 4. Chris Heard (Thursday 10/18)
                      > > 5. Michael M. (Friday 10/19)
                      > > 6. Seamus (Saturday 10/20)
                      > > ....SLOTS STILL AVAILABLE....
                      > > X. (LAST) Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales (~Sunday 10/21?)
                      > >
                      > > jaerdaph
                      > >
                      > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Seamus" <sotp_seamus@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > Actually, being that I'm a comic book AND typography nerd, I'd be remiss if I didn't throw my name in there. Is there still room? :)

                    • Walt
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 13, 2012
                        That's cool. I am on orders this weeekend so that works well. Friday it is.

                        Regards
                        Walt