Re: Team-Up

  • Steve Kenson
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 6, 2012
      On Oct 6, 2012, at 5:29 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > Is there still going to be a way for latecomers to get at least a pdf of this sucker when it does come out?

      Adamant Entertainment is responsible for production and getting physical copies of Team-Up to pre-orders. Thereafter, Ad Infinitum will make the Team-Up PDF available through DriveThru RPG and RPGNow.
      _____
      Steve Kenson
      stevekenson@...
    • samaritan1975
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 7, 2012
        Was Gareth able to get the PDF to you for approval? Inquiring minds want to know (and read some new ICON goodness)! :)

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kenson <stevekenson@...> wrote:

        > On Oct 6, 2012, at 5:29 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > > Is there still going to be a way for latecomers to get at least a pdf of this sucker when it does come out?
        >
        > Adamant Entertainment is responsible for production and getting physical copies of Team-Up to pre-orders. Thereafter, Ad Infinitum will make the Team-Up PDF available through DriveThru RPG and RPGNow.
        > _____
        > Steve Kenson
        > stevekenson@...

      • Steve Kenson
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
          On Oct 8, 2012, at 5:28 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          > Was Gareth able to get the PDF to you for approval?

          I have not heard anything from Gareth as of yet.

          Steve
        • Jack
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
            Par for the course.

            Sent from Samsung Mobile

            Steve Kenson <stevekenson@...> wrote:

            >On Oct 8, 2012, at 5:28 AM, icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com wrote:
            >> Was Gareth able to get the PDF to you for approval?
            >
            >I have not heard anything from Gareth as of yet.
            >
            >Steve
          • Gareth-Michael Skarka
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
              On Oct 8, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Jack wrote:

              > Par for the course.

              I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?

              TEAM-UP will go to Steve this week.

              -Gareth
            • Icosahedrophilia
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
                On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

                I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?

                No kidding. Speaking as someone who pre-ordered Team-Up as soon as I knew pre-orders were available (well, I might have waited until the subsequent payday), I find the complaining tiresome and a waste of bandwidth. Do I want Team-Up “yesterday” as much as the next guy? Yes. Do I want to hear daily about how much somebody else wants Team-Up? No. I want to hear about the cool things other list  members are doing with Icons already.

                Unfortunately, I have nothing really cool to share, as I am in a particularly overwhelming time with my day job and haven’t had much discretionary time to devote to Icons … or, well, much of anything discretionary.

                Down periscope, back to the to-do list.

                Chris

                Chris Heard
                Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                http://drchris.me/d20
                ><>

              • Jack Saw
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
                  Good for you. I think a mans word means something. Others dont. When a half a dozen "its going out next week" come & go, on an item I paid for, I get annoyed. Want the conplaints to stop?
                  Simply refund my money. Easy.

                  ------------------------------
                  On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 2:21 PM EDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:

                  >On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:
                  >> I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?
                  >>

                  >No kidding. Speaking as someone who pre-ordered Team-Up as soon as I knew pre-orders were available (well, I might have waited until the subsequent payday), I find the complaining tiresome and a waste of bandwidth. Do I want Team-Up “yesterday” as much as the next guy? Yes. Do I want to hear daily about how much somebody else wants Team-Up? No. I want to hear about the cool things other list members are doing with Icons already.
                  >
                  >Unfortunately, I have nothing really cool to share, as I am in a particularly overwhelming time with my day job and haven’t had much discretionary time to devote to Icons … or, well, much of anything discretionary.
                  >
                  >Down periscope, back to the to-do list.
                  >
                  >Chris
                  >
                  >Chris Heard
                  >Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                  >http://drchris.me/d20
                  >><>

                • Joe Littrell
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
                    Man, I didn't even have this game when this pre-order happened, and I'm tempted to cover your refund if it'll turn this list back into an "interesting ideas" list and not a "Team-Up pre-order" list. I'm pretty sure GMS has a public address to complain to if you want. And if your next complaint is "That gets no results", what kind of results have you gotten bitching out in public? Much like my Aunt Margaret and her leg pains, I felt sympathy the first couple of times I heard the complaints. After the next dozen, not so much...

                    On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Jack Saw <jacksawyer2@...> wrote:

                    Good for you. I think a mans word means something. Others dont. When a half a dozen "its going out next week" come & go, on an item I paid for, I get annoyed. Want the conplaints to stop?
                    Simply refund my money. Easy.

                    ------------------------------
                    On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 2:21 PM EDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:

                    >On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:
                    >> I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?
                    >>

                    >No kidding. Speaking as someone who pre-ordered Team-Up as soon as I knew pre-orders were available (well, I might have waited until the subsequent payday), I find the complaining tiresome and a waste of bandwidth. Do I want Team-Up “yesterday” as much as the next guy? Yes. Do I want to hear daily about how much somebody else wants Team-Up? No. I want to hear about the cool things other list  members are doing with Icons already.
                    >
                    >Unfortunately, I have nothing really cool to share, as I am in a particularly overwhelming time with my day job and haven’t had much discretionary time to devote to Icons … or, well, much of anything discretionary.
                    >
                    >Down periscope, back to the to-do list.
                    >
                    >Chris
                    >
                    >Chris Heard
                    >Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                    >http://drchris.me/d20
                    >><>

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • Gareth-Michael Skarka
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
                      Drop me a line offlist-- I'll be happy to refund.

                      -Gareth

                      On Oct 8, 2012, at 1:34 PM, Jack Saw wrote:

                      > Good for you. I think a mans word means something. Others dont. When a half a dozen "its going out next week" come & go, on an item I paid for, I get annoyed. Want the conplaints to stop?
                      > Simply refund my money. Easy.
                      >

                      > ------------------------------
                      > On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 2:21 PM EDT Icosahedrophilia wrote:
                      >
                      >> On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:
                      >>> I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?
                      >>>

                      >> No kidding. Speaking as someone who pre-ordered Team-Up as soon as I knew pre-orders were available (well, I might have waited until the subsequent payday), I find the complaining tiresome and a waste of bandwidth. Do I want Team-Up “yesterday” as much as the next guy? Yes. Do I want to hear daily about how much somebody else wants Team-Up? No. I want to hear about the cool things other list members are doing with Icons already.
                      >>
                      >> Unfortunately, I have nothing really cool to share, as I am in a particularly overwhelming time with my day job and haven’t had much discretionary time to devote to Icons … or, well, much of anything discretionary.
                      >>
                      >> Down periscope, back to the to-do list.
                      >>
                      >> Chris
                      >>
                      >> Chris Heard
                      >> Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                      >> http://drchris.me/d20
                      >>> <>

                    • Curt Meyer
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
                        I figure we waited this long – why not stick it out? Gareth's products may be late, but they are excellent. My main concern was the change in my physical address since the preorder, but Gareth has addressed that. I imagine will all have the proverbial "Merry Christmas" with the release of the Team up PDF. Realistically, I'm not expecting to see it before Halloween at least, and that's okay because we're getting a lot of cool icons stuff from other sources. Fainting Goat Games has been busy.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 8, 2012
                          I agree with Chris, and I regret any sniping I've done.

                          On 2012-10-08, at 2:21 PM, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

                          On Oct 8, 2012, at 10:21 AM, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

                          I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?

                          No kidding. Speaking as someone who pre-ordered Team-Up as soon as I knew pre-orders were available (well, I might have waited until the subsequent payday), I find the complaining tiresome and a waste of bandwidth. Do I want Team-Up “yesterday” as much as the next guy? Yes. Do I want to hear daily about how much somebody else wants Team-Up? No. I want to hear about the cool things other list  members are doing with Icons already.

                          Unfortunately, I have nothing really cool to share, as I am in a particularly overwhelming time with my day job and haven’t had much discretionary time to devote to Icons … or, well, much of anything discretionary.

                          Down periscope, back to the to-do list.

                          Chris

                          Chris Heard
                          Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                          http://drchris.me/d20
                          ><>

                        • B.C. Wendel
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 10, 2012
                            I think the sniping snark would be a lot less if you would stop saying things that aren't true and not keep changing your story. So glad Steve dumped you.

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

                            > On Oct 8, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Jack wrote:
                            >
                            > > Par for the course.
                            >
                            > I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?
                            >
                            > TEAM-UP will go to Steve this week.
                            >
                            > -Gareth

                          • Jonathan Thompson
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 10, 2012
                              While I never post on this list, I am a lurker in the truest regard when it comes to this. And I dont always defend Gareth, but in this case I have to step in. Gareth was in the wrong, and I am sure he knows it, but this kind of commentary is uncalled for, and does nothing to help your credibility even. Gareth has problems and they have taken toll on the ICONS licensing. That's the reason Steve retrieved it. That doesnt mean that Gareth is due this kind of attitude, regardless of the problems you have had with him.

                              And thats all I have to say about that.

                              --
                              Jonathan M. Thompson
                              Battlefield Press, Inc  (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

                            • Theron Bretz
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 10, 2012
                                Wow. Just, wow.

                                On Oct 10, 2012, at 2:14 PM, "B.C. Wendel" <BCKixAzz@...> wrote:

                                > I think the sniping snark would be a lot less if you would stop saying things that aren't true and not keep changing your story. So glad Steve dumped you.
                                >

                                > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:
                                >>

                                >> On Oct 8, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Jack wrote:
                                >>
                                >>> Par for the course.
                                >>
                                >> I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?
                                >>
                                >> TEAM-UP will go to Steve this week.
                                >>
                                >> -Gareth

                              • Jack
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 10, 2012
                                  I have received a refund. Ill buy ICONS in the future, but I will not preorder again.
                                  I wont comment on this further.
                                  Sent from Samsung Mobile

                                  Jonathan Thompson <thompsonjm@...> wrote:

                                  >While I never post on this list, I am a lurker in the truest regard when it
                                  >comes to this. And I dont always defend Gareth, but in this case I have to
                                  >step in. Gareth was in the wrong, and I am sure he knows it, but this kind
                                  >of commentary is uncalled for, and does nothing to help your credibility
                                  >even. Gareth has problems and they have taken toll on the ICONS licensing.
                                  >That's the reason Steve retrieved it. That doesnt mean that Gareth is due
                                  >this kind of attitude, regardless of the problems you have had with him.
                                  >
                                  >And thats all I have to say about that.
                                  >
                                  >On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM, B.C. Wendel <BCKixAzz@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> **
                                  >>

                                  >> I think the sniping snark would be a lot less if you would stop saying
                                  >> things that aren't true and not keep changing your story. So glad Steve
                                  >> dumped you.
                                  >>

                                  >--
                                  >Jonathan M. Thompson
                                  >Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions
                                  >thompsonjm@...
                                  >Follow me on Twitter @RaiderDragon
                                  >Now on Sale: Eldritch Skies (Unisystem) and Kaiser's Gate (Savage Worlds) |
                                  >"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it
                                  >we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
                                • Cameron Mount
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 10, 2012
                                    Heaven forbid people engage in basic human decency.

                                    On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:14 PM, B.C. Wendel <BCKixAzz@...> wrote:

                                    I think the sniping snark would be a lot less if you would stop saying things that aren't true and not keep changing your story. So glad Steve dumped you.

                                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Gareth-Michael Skarka <gms@...> wrote:

                                    > On Oct 8, 2012, at 12:05 PM, Jack wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Par for the course.
                                    >
                                    > I *am* on the list, ya know. You think we could maybe keep the sniping snark to a minimum?
                                    >
                                    > TEAM-UP will go to Steve this week.
                                    >
                                    > -Gareth

                                  • Hollis McCray
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 10, 2012
                                      On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:

                                      Heaven forbid people engage in basic human decency.

                                      Agreed. The delays on Team-Up are now a Closed Subject. No further discussion is permitted. If you want a refund, contact Gareth as he has said. Other than that, let it rest.

                                      --
                                      Hollis McCray
                                      aka The Fifth Wanderer

                                      ascensionschild@...