Re: An ICONS zine?

  • paul_jenkinson
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 5, 2012
      I'd like to see a more generic 'zine that deals with not just Icons, but all of the 'smaller' superhero games out there, and the less supported ones, even the out of print ones. Icons, Supers, BASH, Villains and Vigilantes, the old DC Heroes MEGs game, Golden Heroes/Squadron UK etc. For sure the more modern games will get the most interest, but it might spark interest in some of the lesser known games. They aren't rubbish, or broken, just not in print any more.

      An adventure with stats for Icons, BASH! and one or two others, reviews of various supers games and modules/supplements (whether out of print or not) adventure hooks and comic book runs that would be great to get ideas from... Heck even 'print your own' maps and counters for running games with.

      Since Dragon was pulled from shelves (and long before that, since White Dwarf stopped writing about games and became a minatures catalogue) there's been nothing I can think of with regards an industry wide magazine which is a shame. We're all still here, and the industry might not support a print magazine any more, but self publishing is fairly easy to do these days. Of course a quality job is not so easy, but part of the charm of the old 'zines was their home grown feel.

      I'm sure most of us post on lots of different game forums. Might be worth putting word out to submit ideas, articles and reviews for a generic supers zine? I think BASH has one (free) on RPGnow, but truth told I've not read it so can't comment on the quality. I'm not sure Icons has the fanbase to make such an endeavor worthwhile (because there's just so many Supers games out there right now - we are literally spoilt for choice, never had it so good etc!) but a generic supers 'zine might be of interest to more people.
    • Fabrício César Franco
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 5, 2012
        I won't be able to participate. I'm teaching six days a week and Sunday's the only day off I've got (and loads of things to do at home). Sorry!

        Fabrício