Re: An ICONS zine?

  • kroh01
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 4, 2012
      And if I can take a second to pimp a blogger that might fill the need you are talking up, Joe Bardales' "Just Add Heroes" is a GREAT resource with plenty of articles to keep one busy. Totally super and totally devoted to ICONS.

      Regards
      Walt

      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

      > On Oct 4, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Soylent Green <gsoylent@...> wrote:
      > > Against that I would think, in the first instance one would have to consider what does a magazine bring that today's blogs and wikis don't?
      >
      > Yeah, that's the "rub," right there. Self-publishing, new media, etc. do most of what magazines and such can do. (A couple of years ago, though, I could not get some of my professional colleagues to see the contradiction inherent in the plea, "Let's get together and give each other speeches about blogging"!)
      >
      > In my opinion, something like a multi-author blog with high editorial standards would accomplish—well, actually, *more* than a magazine, with a good bit less effort after the initial startup. But even with the editorial controls, the ultimate arbiter of an idea's quality is the GM at the table.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > Chris Heard
      > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
      > http://drchris.me/d20
      > ><>

    • Fabrício César Franco
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 5, 2012
        I won't be able to participate. I'm teaching six days a week and Sunday's the only day off I've got (and loads of things to do at home). Sorry!

        Fabrício