Re-announcing... An ICONS adventure on September 22, over the Intartubes

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
      Well, if you missed it, it's likely that others did, too.

      So, I'm trying to plan ahead. On Sept 22 (a Saturday afternoon for me), I'm going to run a variant Gangbusters on Roll20. If you're interested and able to attend, I'd love to have characters by Monday before. Characters are either roll up or 45 points: tell me which, but I'll generally trust you unless you do something terribly egregious.

      The variation is that the Storm Agency has already been successful in Stark City, so this is an attempt at forming a franchise in another city. I do ask that characters have a reason to be joining such a franchise, whether they are new or established heroes.

      If I get interest, then I'll figure out what the name of the city is.

      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
        Sounds cool. I would love to be involved, but I need to check the family schedule with my wife before I commit. I'll let you know …

        On Sep 5, 2012, at 10:59 AM, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@...> wrote:
        So, I'm trying to plan ahead. On Sept 22 (a Saturday afternoon for me), I'm going to run a variant Gangbusters on Roll20. If you're interested and able to attend, I'd love to have characters by Monday before. Characters are either roll up or 45 points: tell me which, but I'll generally trust you unless you do something terribly egregious.

        Chris Heard
        Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
        http://drchris.me/d20
        ><>

      • Icosahedrophilia
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
          John, do you have a specific time in mind? It turns out I do have a family commitment for a block of time in the afternoon, PDT.

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
            Well, I was trying to accommodate British and European members as well, so I was thinking 2-5 p.m. EDT, but at this early stage, I could certainly juggle it a bit, to 12-3, 1-4, or 2-5. I don't want it to go over 3 hours: we all have busy lives.

            If it works well, I'l do it again. If it works poorly and the reason seems to be my Internet connection, I'll try something else, like Skype or another tabletop system. (If it works poorly and the reason seems to be me, well, I will retool myself before trying again. :)  )

            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
              I saw your post John but Saturday evening is not a good time for me and I didn't want to kick a fuss.

              To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: jhmcmullen@...
              Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:00:08 -0700

              I'll repeat: I've scheduled running a thing on Roll20 for Sept 22. I have had zero responses so far, which might indicate a lack of interest.

              Let me know if you're interested and it's just a bad time for you; currently I have no problem rescheduling it, because there's no one to object.

              From: jhmcmullen@...
              Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 04:56:50 -0700

              The list has been quiet, what with Gen Con and the return to school and everyone waiting for Team-Up. So I had an idea this morning and I'm curious what the repercussions would be.

              The idea is this: Superpowers show up at puberty, ramp up for a year or two, and then start declining over the next six or seven years until they're gone. So: They come in at puberty, peak soon, and by 19-21 are gone.

              How does that affect things? Let's assume that the powers are fairly common: one kid in 100,00: Pittsburgh has a few, my home town of Kitchener-Waterloo has one or two.

              What does that do to the balance of power? Heck, how do you maintain order over them in the most volatile time of their lives?

              Depending on the reason (I have no idea what the reason is, yet), there might be a mysterious figure who has kept powers well into his or her twenties or thirties (or even a Cabal of superpowered adults who don't fight crime, they take care of superpowered teenagers).

              From a worldbuilding perspective, there are two ways to go: a cabal of adults who still have powers, or two or fewer. I want maximum damage..er, entertainment value...so I'll say there's a two-adult limit on powers (even one good, one bad).

              From a game perspective, what would you do mechanically? Aspects specified? Power levels can vary, of course.

            • Gus Gosselin
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
                You can count me as interested but unavailable as well. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are almost always bad for me. But if you end up going to a weekday evening on this or subsequent sessions, I should be able to juggle.

                --
                Gus Gosselin
                Sent with Sparrow

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                From: jhmcmullen@...
                Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:00:08 -0700

                To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
                  Heavens, it wouldn't be much of a fuss: I had you in mind as one of the people overseas from me.

                  Sorry that Saturday night isn't good for you. Is there a time that is?

                  I saw your post John but Saturday evening is not a good time for me and I didn't want to kick a fuss.

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                  From: jhmcmullen@...
                  Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:00:08 -0700

                  To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
                    2–5 PM EDT = 9 AM–2 PM PDT, which is fine for me on that date. I’d need to be offline by 4 PM PDT = 7 PM EDT. I think you can count me in if it goes ahead on that schedule. If it shifts by an hour either way, no big deal. If it shifts to a different day, I'll try to come along for the ride but I'll have to re-check.

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
                      Sunday evenings (early afternoon for you) are usually pretty quiet for me.

                      But frankly you'll probably have more luck getting a full complement of players if you stick to mid-week evening and focus on North American players. I've been here before, scheduling online events is massively difficult. You'll need ever edge you can get.

                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jhmcmullen@...
                      Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:29:42 -0700

                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                      From: jhmcmullen@...
                      Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 09:00:08 -0700

                      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
                        All right, Chris. I'll mark you down. (And everyone is tentative at this point: I know that things can come up between now and September 22.)

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
                          I'd love to play online but my days are strange. Thanks to dog's needing
                          dog park visits, and other gaming I'm trying to do.
                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 5, 2012
                            That sounds awesome. I really wish I could join in (I've been dying to try Roll20 out) but I've got a show that day. Hopefully next time I'll be free.

                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 12, 2012
                              Given that Chris is the only one who has shown availability (not interest: I didn't say interest), I am probably going to reschedule for a week night in the hopes that it does better. However, my week nights are pretty full, so I'll have to find one.

                              Unless, of course, one or two others say, gosh, we'll be there. While running ICONS is awesome and I have done it for a single player, wrestling with an unfamiliar website is probably not worth a single player.

                              It's close--very close--so I might not reschedule. But I probably am.

                              All right, Chris. I'll mark you down. (And everyone is tentative at this point: I know that things can come up between now and September 22.)

                              2–5 PM EDT = 9 AM–2 PM PDT, which is fine for me on that date. I’d need to be offline by 4 PM PDT = 7 PM EDT. I think you can count me in if it goes ahead on that schedule. If it shifts by an hour either way, no big deal. If it shifts to a different day, I'll try to come along for the ride but I'll have to re-check.

                              Chris

                              Chris Heard
                              Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                              http://drchris.me/d20
                              ><>

                            • Ryan G.
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                Ah ha! I missed this one first time around (and it appears I'm not the only one). I think I can do September 22, 12 – 5 EST (is that correct?).

                                I'd love to give it a go!

                                —Ryan G.
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 13, 2012
                                  Excellent! For two people, I'll brave the waters of Roll20.

                                  Say, a character on the Monday beforehand? Then I can throw in some stuff that's specific to your Challenges, and it gives time for any player to be late.

                                  Random roll or 45-point build; just tell me which.

                                  Ah ha! I missed this one first time around (and it appears I'm not the only one). I think I can do September 22, 12 – 5 EST (is that correct?).

                                  I'd love to give it a go!

                                  —Ryan G.

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                      Individual Email | Traditional