Re: [icons-rpg] So - new big thing for ICONS will be...Stark City

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
      On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:55 AM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

      at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.

      Our artists like being paid :)

      Quite understandable! I've seen game companies go under because they failed to pay their artists.

      I'm just having a really hard time deciding between the $65 + $20 level and the $100 level … because I'm really interested in both the NPC placement and Dan Houser's autograph! :-)

      Chris

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast

    • Seamus
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
        Man, oh, man, do I hope I can find the funds for the $60+ endorsement...

        --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

        > On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:55 AM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:
        > > at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.
        > >
        > > Our artists like being paid :)
        > >

        > Quite understandable! I've seen game companies go under because they failed to pay their artists.
        >
        > I'm just having a really hard time deciding between the $65 + $20 level and the $100 level … because I'm really interested in both the NPC placement and Dan Houser's autograph! :-)
        >
        > Chris
        >
        > Chris Heard
        > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
        > http://drchris.me/d20

      • Chris Tavares
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012

          I’m in for $60 + $20. I want the book, plus the chance at the playtest was just too good to pass up.

          -Chris

          Man, oh, man, do I hope I can find the funds for the $60+ endorsement...

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

          > On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:55 AM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:
          > > at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.
          > >
          > > Our artists like being paid :)
          > >

          > Quite understandable! I've seen game companies go under because they failed to pay their artists.
          >
          > I'm just having a really hard time deciding between the $65 + $20 level and the $100 level … because I'm really interested in both the NPC placement and Dan Houser's autograph! :-)
          >
          > Chris
          >
          > Chris Heard
          > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
          > http://drchris.me/d20

          _,___

        • mama_mame
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
            Oh Man!
            Oh BOY!
            Oh GIRL!
            OH EVERYONE!
            We've had this going for about three days and we're nearly half way to our goal of getting Stark City into your hot little ICONS-Loving Hands!
            You might notice above we're giving away free stuff above! Well, the free stuff train continues at the $1000.00 mark! We're going to release Dr. Chimp's stats and background, as well as a brief description of his turf -- AND we're gonna be editing the first release to add some flavor text from Laughing Boy's turf as well!

            So, check out our Kickstarter, donate, and get everyone some free stuff!

            Once we release Doc Chimp, that leaves Pinball and Komodo....Pinball gets released at $2000.00 and Komodo once we're fully funded!
            Imagine it, if were going to be GIVING AWAY this top-quality pdf product for MEETING goals -- can you possibly imagine the KILLER stuff we're going to release for STRETCH GOALS? Don't. Don't do that to yourself. You might pass out, and we want you awake for the second goal being met.

            Heartfelt thanks to EVERYONE WHO'S contributed so far to make this project a reality, and stay tuned!

            The Stark City Production Team

            http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

            > just FYI
            > Another of the reward levels (just $60) lets you have Dan GM a skype game of ICONS for you...
            >
            > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Sounds like fun. Wish I were going to GenCon--but instead a cottage that relatives are paying for. (No Internet and I will be required to be present for fishing trips, in body if not in mind.)
            > >
            > > Housekeeping cottages: The small town experience at three times the price!
            > >
            > > (But seriously, it's my in-laws who are good folk, so I'm glad to go along and present a good front to my Internet-obsessed offspring.)
            > >
            > > John McMullen (Searching for a .sig)
            > > jhmcmullen@
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • mama_mame
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
              So, the horn sounds, and die-hards come from the woodwork! Could it be for free things?! Could it be for the cause of an awesome project getting funded!? Well, all I know is that Stark City's Kickstarter breezed past the $1000.00 mark right after my announcement about MORE goodies!

              As promised, there will be a free pdf of Doc Chimp coming out in the very near future! Wow! Now, that means we've got a bit of a hop to the next goal -- $2000.00 -- but for now, enjoy the spoils of people kicking in to get you free things, folks.

              Here's the Kickstarter, and HERE is Laughing Boy -- Be sure to stick around for the Edited Version with NEW goodies inside Laughing Boy's pdf. I'll make the announcement here and elsewhere once the pdf for Doc Chimp is finished!

              Thanks,

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 8, 2012
                So here we are! The free peek at Stark City and free character pdf as promised!

                http://www.rpgnow.com/product/104621/Stark-City%3A-Hero-Turf-Profile-2

                Bear in mind, we are going to release another one of these free peeks at the $2000.00 mark, our next character is Pinball -- and we'll get a peek at the Silver District!

                Thanks again for all the contributions for this project, and here's to the 2k mark!

                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 13, 2012
                  The cover image is finished for the first supplement! Check it out! And we're awful close to the $2000.00 mark! Which means, another freebie! :)

                  http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i/posts

                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 26, 2012
                    Stark City Update

                    As we've passed the 2k mark and are chugging towards the goal we've started thinking about Stretch Goals.

                    The latest update lists several of the adventures we're developing as unlockables once we pass the funding goal.

                    While we are feeling good about our chances, we're not there yet. If you're a fan of ICONS who wants to see the system get a first class setting (and Kenson-penned Setting Rules) - please consider becoming a backer.

                    You can check out the latest update here:
                    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i/posts

                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "mama_mame" <mama_mame@...> wrote:

                    > The cover image is finished for the first supplement! Check it out! And we're awful close to the $2000.00 mark! Which means, another freebie! :)
                    >
                    > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i/posts
                    >

                    > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "mama_mame" <mama_mame@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i
                    > >
                    > > The ICONS Stark City Kickstarter is up and ready! :)
                    > > Check it out!
                    > >

                    > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > just FYI
                    > > > Another of the reward levels (just $60) lets you have Dan GM a skype game of ICONS for you...

                  • Walt Robillard
                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 26, 2012
                      The amount of talent on this project is insane.  If you haven't been to the kickstarter site and are a fan of the group it pays to check it out.  Plus there have been free unlockables along the way

                      Check em out and spread the word!
                      Regards,
                      Walt
                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 31, 2012
                        http://tinyurl.com/9bde8x2

                        On the latest BAMF Podcast:

                        Joe Bardales is on hand to give us a preview of the neighborhood that's he's written for Stark City, The Catacombs.

                        We've got a little over two weeks left on the Kickstarter for Stark City. Now's a great time to jump onboard

                        http://tinyurl.com/9bde8x2

                        Message 11 of 22 , Sep 13, 2012
                          http://tinyurl.com/8pl8yag
                          On the latest BAMFcast, Stark City contributor John Post is on hand to talk about the Tesla Industrial Park neighborhood.

                          http://tinyurl.com/8pl8yag