Re: So - new big thing for ICONS will be...Stark City

  • Jakub
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "mama_mame" <mama_mame@...> wrote:

      > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i
      >
      > The ICONS Stark City Kickstarter is up and ready! :)
      > Check it out!

      I'll probably chip in if I'm paid.
    • Icosahedrophilia
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
        Dear Dan(s) et al.,

        On Aug 2, 2012, at 7:55 PM, mama_mame <mama_mame@...> wrote:

        http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i

        The ICONS Stark City Kickstarter is up and ready! :)
        Check it out!

        I will definitely support this; at the moment, I'm trying to decide which level. Quite frankly, I find the reward levels a little bit confusing. Why do you automatically get a printed copy at the $100, $150 and $151 levels, but you have to add $20 to get a printed copy at the $120 and $160 levels?

        Also, it seems like the $60 reward is an incentive to keep one's contribution lower than it otherwise might be … Just sayin'. ;-)

        Chris

        Chris Heard
        Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast

        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
          at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.

          Our artists like being paid :)

          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

          > Dear Dan(s) et al.,
          >
          > On Aug 2, 2012, at 7:55 PM, mama_mame <mama_mame@...> wrote:
          > > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i
          > >
          > > The ICONS Stark City Kickstarter is up and ready! :)
          > > Check it out!
          > >

          > I will definitely support this; at the moment, I'm trying to decide which level. Quite frankly, I find the reward levels a little bit confusing. Why do you automatically get a printed copy at the $100, $150 and $151 levels, but you have to add $20 to get a printed copy at the $120 and $160 levels?
          >
          > Also, it seems like the $60 reward is an incentive to keep one's contribution lower than it otherwise might be … Just sayin'. ;-)
          >
          > Chris
          >
          > Chris Heard
          > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
          > http://drchris.me/d20

        • mama_mame
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
            As promised! A free pdf featuring a peek at one of the rules being added in Stark City, and a free character for you to use in your home brew games. :)

            Enjoy!

            http://www.rpgnow.com/product/104466/Stark-City%3A-Hero-Turf-Profile-1

            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

            > at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.
            >
            > Our artists like being paid :)
            >
            > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear Dan(s) et al.,
            > >
            > > On Aug 2, 2012, at 7:55 PM, mama_mame <mama_mame@> wrote:
            > > > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i
            > > >
            > > > The ICONS Stark City Kickstarter is up and ready! :)
            > > > Check it out!
            > > >

            > > I will definitely support this; at the moment, I'm trying to decide which level. Quite frankly, I find the reward levels a little bit confusing. Why do you automatically get a printed copy at the $100, $150 and $151 levels, but you have to add $20 to get a printed copy at the $120 and $160 levels?
            > >
            > > Also, it seems like the $60 reward is an incentive to keep one's contribution lower than it otherwise might be … Just sayin'. ;-)
            > >
            > > Chris
            > >
            > > Chris Heard
            > > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
            > > http://drchris.me/d20

          • Icosahedrophilia
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
              On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:55 AM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

              at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.

              Our artists like being paid :)

              Quite understandable! I've seen game companies go under because they failed to pay their artists.

              I'm just having a really hard time deciding between the $65 + $20 level and the $100 level … because I'm really interested in both the NPC placement and Dan Houser's autograph! :-)

              Chris

              Chris Heard
              Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast

            • Seamus
              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012
                Man, oh, man, do I hope I can find the funds for the $60+ endorsement...

                --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

                > On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:55 AM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:
                > > at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.
                > >
                > > Our artists like being paid :)
                > >

                > Quite understandable! I've seen game companies go under because they failed to pay their artists.
                >
                > I'm just having a really hard time deciding between the $65 + $20 level and the $100 level … because I'm really interested in both the NPC placement and Dan Houser's autograph! :-)
                >
                > Chris
                >
                > Chris Heard
                > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                > http://drchris.me/d20

              • Chris Tavares
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 3, 2012

                  I’m in for $60 + $20. I want the book, plus the chance at the playtest was just too good to pass up.

                  -Chris

                  Man, oh, man, do I hope I can find the funds for the $60+ endorsement...

                  --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:

                  > On Aug 3, 2012, at 11:55 AM, dirkgentry2000 <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:
                  > > at 120 and 160, we've got the art commission costs to cover as well. that's where most of that reward level is going - which is why its extra for POD softcover.
                  > >
                  > > Our artists like being paid :)
                  > >

                  > Quite understandable! I've seen game companies go under because they failed to pay their artists.
                  >
                  > I'm just having a really hard time deciding between the $65 + $20 level and the $100 level … because I'm really interested in both the NPC placement and Dan Houser's autograph! :-)
                  >
                  > Chris
                  >
                  > Chris Heard
                  > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
                  > http://drchris.me/d20

                  _,___

                • mama_mame
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
                    Oh Man!
                    Oh BOY!
                    Oh GIRL!
                    OH EVERYONE!
                    We've had this going for about three days and we're nearly half way to our goal of getting Stark City into your hot little ICONS-Loving Hands!
                    You might notice above we're giving away free stuff above! Well, the free stuff train continues at the $1000.00 mark! We're going to release Dr. Chimp's stats and background, as well as a brief description of his turf -- AND we're gonna be editing the first release to add some flavor text from Laughing Boy's turf as well!

                    So, check out our Kickstarter, donate, and get everyone some free stuff!

                    Once we release Doc Chimp, that leaves Pinball and Komodo....Pinball gets released at $2000.00 and Komodo once we're fully funded!
                    Imagine it, if were going to be GIVING AWAY this top-quality pdf product for MEETING goals -- can you possibly imagine the KILLER stuff we're going to release for STRETCH GOALS? Don't. Don't do that to yourself. You might pass out, and we want you awake for the second goal being met.

                    Heartfelt thanks to EVERYONE WHO'S contributed so far to make this project a reality, and stay tuned!

                    The Stark City Production Team

                    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i

                    --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@...> wrote:

                    > just FYI
                    > Another of the reward levels (just $60) lets you have Dan GM a skype game of ICONS for you...
                    >
                    > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, John McMullen <jhmcmullen@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Sounds like fun. Wish I were going to GenCon--but instead a cottage that relatives are paying for. (No Internet and I will be required to be present for fishing trips, in body if not in mind.)
                    > >
                    > > Housekeeping cottages: The small town experience at three times the price!
                    > >
                    > > (But seriously, it's my in-laws who are good folk, so I'm glad to go along and present a good front to my Internet-obsessed offspring.)
                    > >
                    > > John McMullen (Searching for a .sig)
                    > > jhmcmullen@
                    > >

                    > > ________________________________

                  • mama_mame
                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 6, 2012
                      So, the horn sounds, and die-hards come from the woodwork! Could it be for free things?! Could it be for the cause of an awesome project getting funded!? Well, all I know is that Stark City's Kickstarter breezed past the $1000.00 mark right after my announcement about MORE goodies!

                      As promised, there will be a free pdf of Doc Chimp coming out in the very near future! Wow! Now, that means we've got a bit of a hop to the next goal -- $2000.00 -- but for now, enjoy the spoils of people kicking in to get you free things, folks.

                      Here's the Kickstarter, and HERE is Laughing Boy -- Be sure to stick around for the Edited Version with NEW goodies inside Laughing Boy's pdf. I'll make the announcement here and elsewhere once the pdf for Doc Chimp is finished!

                      Thanks,

                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 8, 2012
                        So here we are! The free peek at Stark City and free character pdf as promised!

                        http://www.rpgnow.com/product/104621/Stark-City%3A-Hero-Turf-Profile-2

                        Bear in mind, we are going to release another one of these free peeks at the $2000.00 mark, our next character is Pinball -- and we'll get a peek at the Silver District!

                        Thanks again for all the contributions for this project, and here's to the 2k mark!

                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 13, 2012
                          The cover image is finished for the first supplement! Check it out! And we're awful close to the $2000.00 mark! Which means, another freebie! :)

                          http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i/posts

                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 26, 2012
                            Stark City Update

                            As we've passed the 2k mark and are chugging towards the goal we've started thinking about Stretch Goals.

                            The latest update lists several of the adventures we're developing as unlockables once we pass the funding goal.

                            While we are feeling good about our chances, we're not there yet. If you're a fan of ICONS who wants to see the system get a first class setting (and Kenson-penned Setting Rules) - please consider becoming a backer.

                            You can check out the latest update here:
                            http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i/posts

                            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "mama_mame" <mama_mame@...> wrote:

                            > The cover image is finished for the first supplement! Check it out! And we're awful close to the $2000.00 mark! Which means, another freebie! :)
                            >
                            > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i/posts
                            >

                            > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "mama_mame" <mama_mame@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1925514456/stark-city-setting-and-city-building-toolkit-for-i
                            > >
                            > > The ICONS Stark City Kickstarter is up and ready! :)
                            > > Check it out!
                            > >

                            > > --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "dirkgentry2000" <dirkgentry2000@> wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > just FYI
                            > > > Another of the reward levels (just $60) lets you have Dan GM a skype game of ICONS for you...

                          • Walt Robillard
                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 26, 2012
                              The amount of talent on this project is insane.  If you haven't been to the kickstarter site and are a fan of the group it pays to check it out.  Plus there have been free unlockables along the way

                              Check em out and spread the word!
                              Regards,
                              Walt
                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 31, 2012
                                http://tinyurl.com/9bde8x2

                                On the latest BAMF Podcast:

                                Joe Bardales is on hand to give us a preview of the neighborhood that's he's written for Stark City, The Catacombs.

                                We've got a little over two weeks left on the Kickstarter for Stark City. Now's a great time to jump onboard

                                http://tinyurl.com/9bde8x2

                                Message 15 of 22 , Sep 13, 2012
                                  http://tinyurl.com/8pl8yag
                                  On the latest BAMFcast, Stark City contributor John Post is on hand to talk about the Tesla Industrial Park neighborhood.

                                  http://tinyurl.com/8pl8yag