Re: Alas, no ICONS Team-Up Yet

  • Jack
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
      No, you are being reasonable. I'm tired of delay after delay. I wont preorder from them again.

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
        > I didn't realize I was being inhuman. Or an Inhuman.
        >
        > Obviously I don't wish any ill health on anyone - I just want to know why we get told one thing, then something else, then something else. We were told the PDF was coming out in a couple weeks back in April - what has taken it so long? I pre-ordered the book because I want to support this game and company - but after a while, these delays and endless excuses get old. Has the family sickness caused the 4 months of delays?
        >
        > Some people would just give up on this game altogether - I'm not going to do that, but these delays can't be good for business, and I want them to be as successful as they can be.

        I did not mean to imply you were inhuman, forgive me. I meant that I was
        treating them as human beings, as people with lives, and all the issues
        it brings, which are not controllable.

        I know of one game designer who recently lost his son, and that's a
        tragedy. I know such a thing would impact me greatly if I had children.

        I don't know what's going on with GMS and his fates or fortunes beyond
        what he has said here. Yet I'd like to call for a reasonable approach to
        the situation.

        Since I stand by my words here is something I'd like to encourage all
        game purchasers:

        "Please don't treat game designers like Pez dispensers" -Tim Kirk,
        Silverlion Studios.
      • B.C. Wendel
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
          --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

          > I did not mean to imply you were inhuman, forgive me. I meant that I was
          > treating them as human beings, as people with lives, and all the issues
          > it brings, which are not controllable.

          That's cool - I was just kidding. I realize what I wrote came off as a little jerky - and I wish the best of luck to GMS and his family - but then again I looked through this place and found all this, and realized my frustration is understandable.

          SEP 14 2011 - Still on schedule for November, yes.

          DEC 09 2011 -The PDF will be available (and sent to pre-order customers and the printer)before Christmas.

          MAR 12 2012 - By the end of March.

          APR 20 2012 - I'm expecting to deliver PDFs in no more than two weeks

          MAY 22 2012 - It will be out in June.

          JUL 17 2012 - Yes, TEAM-UP appeared in a list of projects that I'll have done by the end of August.However, it will be the first of them that will be completed -- in the next week or so. You won't have to wait until August.

          I mean, come on, man! Get it together! :) I hope you guys enjoyed this trip down memory lane.