Re: Alas, no ICONS Team-Up Yet

  • B.C. Wendel
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
      --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

      > Personally, I'll take a game a little late, and have the person's whose
      > work I respect in my hands and know that I've treated them humanly as
      > people.

      I didn't realize I was being inhuman. Or an Inhuman.

      Obviously I don't wish any ill health on anyone - I just want to know why we get told one thing, then something else, then something else. We were told the PDF was coming out in a couple weeks back in April - what has taken it so long? I pre-ordered the book because I want to support this game and company - but after a while, these delays and endless excuses get old. Has the family sickness caused the 4 months of delays?

      Some people would just give up on this game altogether - I'm not going to do that, but these delays can't be good for business, and I want them to be as successful as they can be.
    • Jack
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
        No, you are being reasonable. I'm tired of delay after delay. I wont preorder from them again.

        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
          > I didn't realize I was being inhuman. Or an Inhuman.
          >
          > Obviously I don't wish any ill health on anyone - I just want to know why we get told one thing, then something else, then something else. We were told the PDF was coming out in a couple weeks back in April - what has taken it so long? I pre-ordered the book because I want to support this game and company - but after a while, these delays and endless excuses get old. Has the family sickness caused the 4 months of delays?
          >
          > Some people would just give up on this game altogether - I'm not going to do that, but these delays can't be good for business, and I want them to be as successful as they can be.

          I did not mean to imply you were inhuman, forgive me. I meant that I was
          treating them as human beings, as people with lives, and all the issues
          it brings, which are not controllable.

          I know of one game designer who recently lost his son, and that's a
          tragedy. I know such a thing would impact me greatly if I had children.

          I don't know what's going on with GMS and his fates or fortunes beyond
          what he has said here. Yet I'd like to call for a reasonable approach to
          the situation.

          Since I stand by my words here is something I'd like to encourage all
          game purchasers:

          "Please don't treat game designers like Pez dispensers" -Tim Kirk,
          Silverlion Studios.
        • B.C. Wendel
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 1, 2012
            --- In icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com, "Tim K." <silverlion@...> wrote:

            > I did not mean to imply you were inhuman, forgive me. I meant that I was
            > treating them as human beings, as people with lives, and all the issues
            > it brings, which are not controllable.

            That's cool - I was just kidding. I realize what I wrote came off as a little jerky - and I wish the best of luck to GMS and his family - but then again I looked through this place and found all this, and realized my frustration is understandable.

            SEP 14 2011 - Still on schedule for November, yes.

            DEC 09 2011 -The PDF will be available (and sent to pre-order customers and the printer)before Christmas.

            MAR 12 2012 - By the end of March.

            APR 20 2012 - I'm expecting to deliver PDFs in no more than two weeks

            MAY 22 2012 - It will be out in June.

            JUL 17 2012 - Yes, TEAM-UP appeared in a list of projects that I'll have done by the end of August.However, it will be the first of them that will be completed -- in the next week or so. You won't have to wait until August.

            I mean, come on, man! Get it together! :) I hope you guys enjoyed this trip down memory lane.