Re: [icons-rpg] Variable Combat Damage and Marginal Successes

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2012
      John,

      Do you mind if I post your table on the ICONS wiki?

      Chris

      On Jul 20, 2012, at 11:03 AM, John Post <johnpost@...> wrote:

      While we all wait for ICONS: Team Up to be released, here is something to tide you over.  I've taken a shot at addressing two issues.  First, I've add a layer for Steve Kenson's "Marginal Success" idea, and second, I've addresses my players' complaints about no variability for damage.

      Let me know what you think.

      EffortSuccessDamageBashSlashBlastShoot
      <0FailureNone
      0Marginal-2
      1-2Moderate0
      3-4Major+1SlamStunSlamStun
      5+Massive+2StunKillStunKill
      SlamDamage v Strength
      Failure: Knocked to close range
      Marginal Success: Knocked down, prone; -2 next action
      Moderate Success: Knocked down, kneeling; -1 next action
      StunDamage v Strength
      Failure: Stamina is reduced to Zero
      Marginal Success: Stamina is reduced by half
      Moderate Success: Stunned for one page
      KillDamage v Strength
      Failure: Knocked unconscious; -1 Strength each page thereafter
      Marginal: Stamina is reduced by half

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast