Alternate combat resolution chart

  • Icosahedrophilia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26 10:56 PM
      Dear friends,

      Over on my Icosahedrophilia blog, I've just posted an alternate combat resolution chart for ICONS. I made this chart because my sons and I sometimes found it confusing to figure out slam/stun/kill results with the players making all the rolls. Most actions in ICONS are resolved from the heroic point of view; for example, when a hero attacks a villain, the hero rolls to attack, but when a villain attacks a hero, the hero rolls to defend. However, the slam/stun/kill rules are written from the defender’s point of view, regardless of heroism or villainy. My chart restates those rules from a consistently heroic point of view. Thus there are really two charts, one for when the hero is attacking and one for when the hero is defending.

      You can download the chart from http://drchris.me/d20/files/ICONS_Combat_Results.pdf if you’re interested. I’ve also added a link on the Rules page of the wiki.

      Chris

      Chris Heard
      Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
      http://drchris.me/d20
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27 12:19 AM
        Outstanding work!  I agree that working out the slam/stun results form PC and NPC points of view is surprisingly confusing.

        > To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        > From: d20@...
        > Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:56:05 -0700
        > Subject: [icons-rpg] Alternate combat resolution chart
        >
        > Dear friends,
        >
        > Over on my Icosahedrophilia blog, I've just posted an alternate combat resolution chart for ICONS. I made this chart because my sons and I sometimes found it confusing to figure out slam/stun/kill results with the players making all the rolls. Most actions in ICONS are resolved from the heroic point of view; for example, when a hero attacks a villain, the hero rolls to attack, but when a villain attacks a hero, the hero rolls to defend. However, the slam/stun/kill rules are written from the defender’s point of view, regardless of heroism or villainy. My chart restates those rules from a consistently heroic point of view. Thus there are really two charts, one for when the hero is attacking and one for when the hero is defending.
        >
        > You can download the chart from http://drchris.me/d20/files/ICONS_Combat_Results.pdf if you’re interested. I’ve also added a link on the Rules page of the wiki.
        >
        > Chris
        >
        > Chris Heard
        > Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
        > http://drchris.me/d20

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > icons-rpg-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > icons-rpg-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Fabrício César Franco
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27 8:59 AM
          Great work, Chris! Thank you for that!

          Fabrício
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 29 2:35 PM
            This is really great, Chris. I've printed it out and added it to my ICONS GM folder.

            Thanks for putting this together!

            jaerdaph