Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Fantastic Four Heroes ICONS conversions

  • Gus Gosselin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 26, 2012
      Thanks for all comments so far already. I've updated (and published at same link) the document with most of the changes.

      I disagree with Mr Fantastic having a high Coordination. Since we use Coordination for tests of agility, dexterity, hand-eye coordination, aim, precision, mobility, and similar things, if Mr. Fantastic wants to be mobile or climb (stretch up), he would just test the power, not the attribute, same with being defensive or active on the battlefield. All the advantages of being stretchy are in the stretching power. I don't think we need to overblow the Coordination as an adjunct to the power.

      As for Panther's vibranium claws, depends on the era. I could easily add them as a Strike device, but his high prowess and coordination would, I think, make that unnecessary. Perhaps they're just a Quality? Or is there a strike power that ignores invulnerability levels that I missed?

      Storm was briefly a member of the FF, but yes, she'll be in the X-Men set when I get to it. Finishing up FF villains first.

      As for what I'm basing this on, it actually is in the old FASERIP system, specifically the Gamer's Handbook of the Marvel Universe (which is where I'm stealing the art from).

      You'll see I made some new specialties, too, as needed per character.

      Any other comments, let me know.
      Gus Gosselin
      Sent with Sparrow

      On Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Cameron Mount wrote:

      Also - I think you copy-pasted the "It's Clobberin' Time" because I'm fairly sure Ant-Man doesn't say that, too.

      On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Cameron Mount <cameron.a.mount@...> wrote:
      I learned something new today. I learned that there were Ant-men other than Hank Pym. I almost posted about the low Intellect of the build before I saw a different name attached to the character and decided to look it up.

      On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:03 PM, kerntcs <kerntcs@...> wrote:

      Excellent write-ups. They almost made some of my face un-melt.

      Just a few points:

      1) I'd give Mr. Fantastic a higher Coordination, to reflect the advantages of a super-stretchy body.

      2) I'd give Thing a Challenge: Hung-Up About Being Rocky. (Or, depending on the era, "Prenteds To Be Sad About Being Rocky But Secretly Wants to Stay That Way."

      3) Doesn't Black Panther have vibranium claws?

      4) Power Man: Maybe Epithet: "Christmas!"

      5) She-Hulk: Maybe Challenge: Makes Bad Choices Regarding Men.

      I'm looking forward to reading the X-Men project you started at the end.