Re: [icons-rpg] Hi and question about tagging and compelling

  • Hollis McCray
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2010
      On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM, stevezieser <szieser@...> wrote:

      > My nsme is Steve and I broke down and bought the pdf yesterday after eyeing it for a week.
      >
      > While this definitely looks like my kind of game (fast, random chargen), I can't get my head wrapped around tagging and compelling aspects. I get the feeling that I'm just dense, but I could use some examples. Anyone?

      Tagging lets you spend Determination to use one of your qualities to
      your benefit. For example, my character is trying to talk her way in
      to an exclusive club. I can tag my Identity: Goth Rocker quality to
      give me the extra oomph I need, saying the bouncer's a fan of mine.

      Compelling happens when one of my Challenges presents a problem for
      me. For example if Echo is in the middle of a date, and the Shadow
      Realm kidnaps her date, I get a Determination.

      That's just off the top of my head. I hope it helps.
      --
      Hollis McCray
      aka The Fifth Wanderer

      ascensionschild@...

      "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
      LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere