- ... Thanks for reminding me of that chart, Dan! I like the four-point outline given there. The key for me is going to be teaching my 8-year-old how to GMMessage 1 of 10 , Jul 3, 2012View SourceOn Jul 3, 2012, at 12:02 PM, mama_mame wrote:
I'm Dan Houser, Line Artist for ICONS. I just gotta say, whenever I hear about kids playing the game I get extremely enthusiastic. :) There's a chart in the main ICONS book just before the sample adventure that allows for simple adventure creation.Thanks for reminding me of that chart, Dan! I like the four-point "outline" given there. The key for me is going to be teaching my 8-year-old how to GM without him feeling overwhelmed. I brought up the idea of him running a published adventure, but he really, really wants to make up his own, so I'm just going to try to enable and support that desire. I'll save the published adventures for myself, to save me some time. :-)Chris
- If it helps, you can use these simple charts to extend the two in the ICONS rulebook. OpponentD6 1 One villain 2-4 Villain group 5 Natural force 6 HeroMessage 2 of 10 , Jul 4, 2012View SourceIf it helps, you can use these simple charts to extend the two in the ICONS rulebook.OpponentD61 One villain2-4 Villain group5 Natural force6 HeroBUT (Complication)D61 While heroes are in secret ID and can't act2 Wannabe heroes attack3 Target claims it's okay4 Someone steals something important to the plan (ransom money, invention, clue)5 Character's significant person (loved one, mentor, etc) has conflicting plan for them at just this time6 Necessary action is something the character has promised not to doSo you end up with a sentence like this:<opponent> <action> <object> but <complication>If no idea comes to you in a minute, roll again. (It can be hard figuring out why a natural disaster would be ransoming a celebrity, but the hero group has promised not to dig, so you might need to re-roll the opponent or the complication. The complication doesn't have to apply to the whole adventure, it can be only for a scene.Adding those two is a direct consequence of me having read two of Gareth's adventure generators years ago, and it's totally optional to do so. (As it should be, because I just made it up.)When you do it this way, you roll first, then apply the villain, where in Steve's method, you get the villain in mind first. Both are good.John McMullen (Searching for a .sig)
jhmcmullen@...From: Icosahedrophilia <d20@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Re: Launching a new ICONS campaignOn Jul 3, 2012, at 12:28 PM, John McMullen wrote:And Chris? I very much like the writeup you've done for General Welfare, including the hints to players and gamemasters. It's something I'd like to see others emulate. (It might be in Hero Packs 2 and 3; I don't have those.)Thanks, John. I mainly did that for my kids, since they want to GM but don't have much experience at it. Glad you like it!ChrisChris HeardIcosahedrophilia Blog and Podcasthttp://drchris.me/d20
- Another hero from our home campaign, for those of you interested in such: http://drchris.me/d20/?p=2240 Chris Heard Icosahedrophilia Blog and PodcastMessage 3 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012View Source
- Chris, Nice job, again. I like the way you guide likely GMs and players into the character s mood. If I only could have that Silver Age font, my write-upsMessage 4 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012View SourceChris,Nice job, again. I like the way you guide likely GMs and players into the character's mood.If I only could have that Silver Age font, my write-ups would be awesome!Fabrício FrancoEidolons!
- Very nice! I also like General Welfare too. I hope you plan on doing some more ICONS characters on your blog - your son Nicholas too! jaerdaphMessage 5 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012View SourceVery nice! I also like General Welfare too. I hope you plan on doing some more ICONS characters on your blog - your son Nicholas too!
--- In email@example.com, Icosahedrophilia <d20@...> wrote:
> Another hero from our home campaign, for those of you interested in such:
> Chris Heard
> Icosahedrophilia Blog and Podcast
- Nice have you constructed it randomly or with points ? Ciryon 2012/7/6 IcosahedrophiliaMessage 6 of 10 , Jul 6, 2012View Source