Hi and question about tagging and compelling

  • stevezieser
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6 9:12 AM
      My nsme is Steve and I broke down and bought the pdf yesterday after eyeing it for a week.

      While this definitely looks like my kind of game (fast, random chargen), I can't get my head wrapped around tagging and compelling aspects. I get the feeling that I'm just dense, but I could use some examples. Anyone?
    • Hollis McCray
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6 9:46 AM
        On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM, stevezieser <szieser@...> wrote:

        > My nsme is Steve and I broke down and bought the pdf yesterday after eyeing it for a week.
        >
        > While this definitely looks like my kind of game (fast, random chargen), I can't get my head wrapped around tagging and compelling aspects. I get the feeling that I'm just dense, but I could use some examples. Anyone?

        Tagging lets you spend Determination to use one of your qualities to
        your benefit. For example, my character is trying to talk her way in
        to an exclusive club. I can tag my Identity: Goth Rocker quality to
        give me the extra oomph I need, saying the bouncer's a fan of mine.

        Compelling happens when one of my Challenges presents a problem for
        me. For example if Echo is in the middle of a date, and the Shadow
        Realm kidnaps her date, I get a Determination.

        That's just off the top of my head. I hope it helps.
        --
        Hollis McCray
        aka The Fifth Wanderer

        ascensionschild@...

        "GMing is like herding cats. Wet, angry cats who are pumped full of
        LSD and methamphetamines." - Stolen from some forum sig somewhere