RE: [icons-rpg] Dawnstar's Telelocation

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
      I see. I would guess it's not so much an issue about the mechanics of the power as much as it's impact on plot. Simply put if someone in the party has the power to find things than you probably don't want to run a treasure hunt stlye adventure as of course that would be trivial.

      But that just follows the general principle that you want to aim to provide challenges that are suitable to the specifc group of player character, the same principle way as you don't pit Spider-Man against Galactus or Hulk against bank robbers.

      Of course you don't want to go to the other extreme and make the power useless. The find thing power should have a chance to shine, just not solve everything.

      To: icons-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: fabfranco@...
      Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:06:25 -0300
      Subject: Re: [icons-rpg] Dawnstar's Telelocation

      After reading so many posts and websites telling me about the perils of some powers imbalance the flow of the game, and before introducing Dawnstar to ours, I'm trying to curb those possible dangers writing a definition of Tracking that suits any kind of game.
      Consider this a case of "A man forewarned is forearmed."

      Fabrício

    • Fabrício César Franco
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012
        Exactly. In the old Marvel FASERIP game, there is a power called Telelocation, which is said that the only only factors that can hinder the power are those that diminish any psionic activity. The range, determined by the power rank, represents a sphere centered on the hero; the quarry must be within it. The hero must have a stimulus to channel her power toward a specific quarry.

        It's surely a Detection stunt; is it properly written, mechanically wise?

        Fabrício
      • Fabrício César Franco
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2, 2012

          Here's my attempt on writing down the Telelocation stunt for Detection. Please, feel free to critique.

          TELELOCATION

          Detection Stunt

          You can locate one or more known individuals or objects wherever they are. Any Mind Control or Telepathy powers can affect your tracking at greater distances. Range, centered on you, is determined by your power level.