Gestalt?

  • Fabrício César Franco
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2012
      My RPG group is struggling to convert a Marvel character into our ICONS game: he's the Collective Man. The five Tao-Yu brothers have the mutant ability to mentally synchronize the atoms of their bodies and merge themselves into a single superhuman being. So far, we have found info telling us that Collective Man has Gestalt power, as well as other Marvel characters like the Kleinstock Brothers or New Universe's PsiHawk (both with a totally new set of powers when in Gestalt mode).

      Is there an already made power able to portray it properly (Alter-Ego comes to mind, but in ICONS Core Book it says that the new generated character has automatically one less power, which is totally the contrary in this situation. The Tao-Yu brothers have more powers when merged, as well as the other Gestalt characters aformetioned.

      Help, anyone?

      Fabrício
    • Cameron Mount

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2012
            If you're going to have all of the PCs be part of the collective man, then the idea of power cost is probably moot. There really isn't a separate balance issue, so there's no real reason to worry too much about statting it out. Just have each of the PCs devote one of their power slots to the "Gestalt" power, which enables all of them to combine into the combined alter ego. (If it's all the PCs, then you might just award an extra power slot specifically for this purpose.) It might make sense Then to give the combined character one power for each of the power slots devoted to Gestalt, since that entity doesn't really have access to those powers.

            Of course, if you're trying to stat the being up as an NPC, it's a separate issue.

            -John
            www.meliorvia.com